Droid X died?????

Steve H

Reaction score
Last night after my X was on the charger for about an hour it rebooted on it's own, got to the red droid eye and won't wake up any further. After many battery pulls and a call to tech support it is still the same. Tech support tells me the operating software must be bad. Any ideas on how to do a factory reset on a phone that will not turn on? The phone is not rooted it's completely stock.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you could try RSD and sbf .. files are probably over on mydroidworld.. simple easy to use program . if i knew system number i would try to find files for you ,, i no longer own a droid X . but an SBF would fix any software issues .. if you can see the eye you can get to bootloader screen .

just another question you have an external battery charger? battery may be toast

Last edited:
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
Tried two different Motorola chargers and also tried my wife's Droid X battery. All the same results. I want a Razor Max to replace it but don't want to pall the damn price.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you tried to sbf?

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
I don't know what it is or where I would start. I have tried what I read was a factory reset by pushing power & home for 5 seconds also tried to push power vol down and camera ....................... nothing happens.

leftspin

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html
https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

I wish I knew which kernel you were on before this happened because then I would know which SBF to give you, but to be safe I'd say use the one called 'Android Version 2.3.4 System Version 4.5.621' because if you were on that version before this happened, you'd break your phone trying to do any other one. I'll be online most of the day so if you have more questions you can ask them here or PM me

Savagerun

Reaction score
Steve try holding home and power button longer than 5 seconds. Pull the battery out first and put it back in then press and hold in home button followed by holding down the power button. Continue holding down both buttons till a triangle appears on the screen then release the button and press in both volume buttons at the same time. See if that gets you in stock recovery. Then while in recovery you'll use your volume buttons to scroll and power button to select. If you want to sbf then you press and hold your camera button first followed by volume down button then last press and hold poower button. Continue holding in all 3 buttons till the screen flashes then release power button followed by the other buttons. That will get you in bootloader mode if you have to sbf but try to get in stock recovery first.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
Edited.. Somehow i double posted

Last edited:
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
UPDATE

Yesterday did a reset. That seemed to be the fix. Took me a couple of hours to get the phone back to where I wanted it with all of my apps, music icons. etc. Worked well all day. This morning took the phone off the charger and it seemed good. Everything appeared to be working. Put the phone down for about an hour, went to use it and it would not wake up............................BLACK SCREEN. Did a battery pull and it came back to life. Today I think it will be time for a trip to the cell phone store and see about an early upgrade.........

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

Yesterday did a reset. That seemed to be the fix. Took me a couple of hours to get the phone back to where I wanted it with all of my apps, music icons. etc. Worked well all day. This morning took the phone off the charger and it seemed good. Everything appeared to be working. Put the phone down for about an hour, went to use it and it would not wake up............................BLACK SCREEN. Did a battery pull and it came back to life. Today I think it will be time for a trip to the cell phone store and see about an early upgrade.........

good luck