Droid X delays continue

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-x-9-13-10.jpg

The Motorola Droid X shipping date continues to get pushed back at VerizonWireless.com. The product ordering page for the X is now showing "Will be Shipped by 9/13/2010". This is the longest delay I've seen since the release. Also, a few online retailers including WireFly and Bestbuy are reporting to be out of stock as well with up to 2-3 weeks before shipping.

best-buy-out-of-stock1.jpg

wirefly-droidx-oos1.jpg

If this information has you bummed, don't worry we got you covered. We've done some additional searching and it appears LetsTalk.com and Amazon are both showing to have Droid X's in stock. A few calls to brick and mortar retailers turned up our local Walmart was the only place to have a couple in stock. In other Droid News the Droid Incredible and Droid 2 are both showing to be in stock on VerizonWireless.com and shipping immediately.

If your waiting on a Droid X, would you consider switching your order to the Samsung Fascinate? Let us know!

sphen22

Reaction score
nice maybe I will have to stick mine on ebay if they get up to around $750 lol

Manetic09

Reaction score
I think i'll stick with my droid 2. I went to my local bestbuy and i was buying 5 cell phones. 3 droid x's,1 droid 2 and a samsung ally. why not? it was free. I just have a preference for the droid 2. VERY hard decision.

Krish

Reaction score
"[SIZE=-1]Usually ships within 4 - 6 weeks. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."
[/SIZE]

Million

Reaction score
yep, just put in for the X...now the 2 week waiting begins...

and nope, I would not want the Fascinate or the others....lol

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
This is just great. I have to deal with a software issue for 2 more weeks. Glad I was placed on VZW back order list 2 weeks ago.

hubdroid

Reaction score
I would keep checking Best Buy. I have the D1 and wife was wanting Dx or D2 for her home office to check emails and such. Went to Best Buy on Thursday and they had just gotten a shipment. They also gave us immediate $100 credit making the price $199. Used my line as the upgrade (since I used my wifes for the D1) and moved the phone over to hers once purchased just as if we had done it at a VZW store. Took 30min whish is much better than 2 weeks.

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
This is just great. I have to deal with a software issue for 2 more weeks. Glad I was placed on VZW back order list 2 weeks ago.

Don't worry you will get your X as scheduled if you gad already ordered it. The ship date gets pushed back every few days. That date is the ship if you order the X that day and so on. Mine should be delivered on 9/7. I can't wait.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Ghost Rider

Reaction score

Don't worry you will get your X as scheduled if you gad already ordered it. The ship date gets pushed back every few days. That date is the ship if you order the X that day and so on. Mine should be delivered on 9/7. I can't wait.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Edit would be nice.

Don't worry you will get your X as scheduled if you had already ordered it. The ship date gets pushed back every few days. That date showing is the ship date if you order the X that day and so on. Mine should be delivered on 9/7. I can't wait.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

BPT_X

Reaction score
I decided to buy mine 2-3 days after they came out, Verizon takes advanced orders, however the stands at costco and same do not so you just have to ask them when their next shipment is and be early and lucky. I was able to buy my X 3 days after it came out using this knowlege.

craighwk

Reaction score
I went to the VZW store yesterday in hopes of getting a DroidX since my original Droid got stolen the night before. They told me it was a 2-3 week wait, so I decided to get the Incredible instead since I needed a phone ASAP.

The guy helping me had a Droid X and it was HUGE. I almost don't want to carry such a beast in my pocket, so I am happy with the Incredible decision. The Droid X may not be for me.

It was a nice screen though if you're into that! :)