Droid X Data Question...

RosstheBoss

Reaction score
I have the $15 for 150mb of data plan and want to make sure i do not go over it. I will be using the internet mostly on my home wifi. How can i make sure that there are no 3G programs running in the backround (such as facebook updates) wasting my data. I know there are apps that tell you how much data is being used but i need something to make sure 3G data isnt being used in the backround, while still being able to receive texts and calls

~:motdroidvert:GR

musicman

Reaction score
If you put your phone in airplane mode that should disable all data but still allow text messages.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I have the $15 for 150mb of data plan and want to make sure i do not go over it. I will be using the internet mostly on my home wifi. How can i make sure that there are no 3G programs running in the backround (such as facebook updates) wasting my data. I know there are apps that tell you how much data is being used but i need something to make sure 3G data isnt being used in the backround, while still being able to receive texts and calls

~:motdroidvert:GR

Go to settings> data manager and uncheck the data options

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
Honestly? I understand that much of your use can be done while in your home ...

But it is sad that you can't use your phone when not at home.

Will not being able to use your phone be worth a savings of $15?

My advice is to be happy and get unlimited data! I understand what you are doing, but don't think you will be happy in the long run.

strollin

Reaction score
I agree with MrKleen, the $15/month difference is well worth it to me to avoid the hassle of even needing to think about whether I am staying below the 150M threshold.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score