Droid X - Cyanogen

Jackie Moon

Reaction score
Not sure this is the right spot, forgive me I am a "noob". I want to root my Droid X and put on Cyanogen 7.2 (I believe is the latest) but I am confused on certain parts. I root my phone any way and then download a nightly from the Cyanogen website correct? What is the best way to root? Any help is greatly appreciated Once again I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

Savagerun

Reaction score
What is the system version of your droidx now? To find out go in settings > about phone > and see what system version your on then someone can point you in the right direction.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

Jackie Moon

Reaction score
What is the system version of your droidx now? To find out go in settings > about phone > and see what system version your on then someone can point you in the right direction.

System version 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android version 2.3.3

OP
J

Jackie Moon

Reaction score
I rooted and know I just want to know how to get Cyanogen on

DRaulie2003

Reaction score
Go to this webpage and it will help you get the CM7 for the gingerbread kernel. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10191-updated-info-on-revnumbers-cm4dx-gb/ There's also a fix for the camera app and how to do that is on this thread as well. The links on Cyanogens website are for the froyo kernel and won't properly flash on your phone since you're on the gingerbread kernel.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jackie Moon

Reaction score
That worked good but I didnt have the market on there.

Savagerun

Reaction score
That worked good but I didnt have the market on there.

Go back in the link that was given to you. You'll have to install gapps which will give you the market. Gapps means Google apps in case you didn't know.

OP
J

Jackie Moon

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded it and I have it on my sd card. I then go to reboot recovery and install zip?

Thanks a lot, you have been super helpful

OP
J

Jackie Moon

Reaction score
Live it up, 2012! I just put in on my sd and used Bootstrap to get to reboot and then did it just like a normal zip. Pretty easy really lol