Droid x custom roms

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Ok so I just rooted my phone for the first time yesterday using z4root. Took me awhile to get up the nerve but its done. Afterwards I installed droid x bootstrapper and did a backup. Then installed wireless tether. I'm really interested in learning how to flash roms to make my phone faster and keep the battery fromdying so quick. I also don't understand too much about what a kernal is. Any suggestions on threads I could read or any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

doomer4life

Reaction score
I always recommend trying different ones I thought for me darkslide was most stable and rubix fastest everyone has a different opinion so just try the waters :)

brenneisec

Reaction score
My suggestion goes to Liberty 1.5 as well. And you dont have to worry too much about kernels because the X has a locked bootloader, so a custom kernel installation is not possible at this point. But just so you know a kernel is basically the connection between the hardware and the software of the phone, allowing for lower voltages to save battery life.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Rubix. Fast and rock solid.

Always wipe and do clean install for best performance on any ROM.

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
So I don't have to worry about kernals. Can I load the new rom through the droid x bootloader app?

brenneisec

Reaction score
So I don't have to worry about kernals. Can I load the new rom through the droid x bootloader app?

sort of. use the app to create a backup before you do anything. then use clockwork to boot into recovery and flash the ROM. there will be more instructions on the page of the ROM you decide to use

doomer4life

Reaction score
Just please please please read all the directions I for one do not want to direct you to the Rescue Squad ;)

Zayy

Reaction score
Rubix 2.0 has a simple undervolt/overclock to help with battery life

Zayy

Reaction score

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
quick clock is buggy as hell. im used to just making my own voltages and freqs. RubiX 2.0 or Liberty 1.5 is the way to go fo sho. But yes you can flash ROMs through the bootstrapper. I think thats the easiest and best way to do it anyways. You can proly do it through adb or terminal but i have no idea.