DROID X convert

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Just traded in my D2 for the DX. Hardly any time on the phone, but it's already giving me a warm-fuzzy placebo effect. My biggest gripe about the D2 was how easily the keyboard slides out while in my pocket. Although the DX has a significantly larger footprint, it feels smaller in my pocket.

PhilD

Reaction score
i moved from a droid 1 to my X and couldn't be happier. if the droid 2 had hard plastic keys (as opposed to soft mushy ones) on the keyboard i would have seriously considered it, but after using the X for a few months now, i don't think i can ever go back to a small screen. there are a couple of quirks with the froyo 2.2 update but i'm sure Moto will patch those up soon.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Just moved from an BB Storm 2 to a DX today. Couldn't be happier.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just moved from an BB Storm 2 to a DX today. Couldn't be happier.

Wow, that's like going from a hunk of junk old wreck to a Caddy. Enjoy and if you need any help figuring out stuff let us know.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Wow, that's like going from a hunk of junk old wreck to a Caddy. Enjoy and if you need any help figuring out stuff let us know.
Thank you.

I'd say it's more like going from a Volvo to a Ferrari. The Storm 2, as most BBs are, was great at what it actually did; messaging.

Things I Miss:

• different sound notifications for text, e-mail, MMS, BB Messenger, etc.
  • advanced customization of sound profiles for calling
  • global font customization
I suspect Android will eventually offer all of this, and wouldn't be surprised to learn that some or all of this is available via 3rd party apps. Aside from that, the DX blows the doors off my Storm 2. With regard to the speed, look and feel of the OS and the superiority of the hardware, they're not even comparable.