droid x continuously rebooting

phlebotomist

Reaction score
here is the deal, im not to far from pulling my hair out..
i had a droid x running 2.1 rooted. i had some apks removed (bloatware and things i didnt need/use).

i saw the whole 2.2 leak froyo update and wanted to install it but saw that you had to go back to stock. so i downloaded the "gift" zip and threw in all contents (apks and odex, the phone may have duplicate apk files on there).

rebooted my phone and i got a continuous rebooting, have the droid logo then turn into the eye. it would should the lockscreen for a split second then reboot. i did battery pull. still did it. held the power button and home and wiped data/factory reset. started up fine. but the first screen was a back up assistant. it gives me this 'error subscription cannot be confirmed at this time. please contact verizon bla bla' i hit cancel. takes me to 'connection failed in roder to complete setup you need a a data connection. have option of wifi (tried it, no go :( ) retry with current connection (dont work) or skip set-up for now. Thats when the continuous rebooting happens. i can battery pull and go back to recovery screen.

my pc does see it when its giving me that back up assistant error.

ive tried to do the whole aply sdcard:update.zip
install from sdcard....
finding update package...
opening update package....
verifying update package...
install update...
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/applicationsprovider.apk (a mess of numbers and letters)
E;error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

i downloaded the proper .sbf file with proper drivers and rsd lite 4.6 to try and do the flash thing. it would boot to bootloader screen. give me an 0x4029 error that it couldnt see something about the .ini file. i did run it as administer and had the sbf file in many places. i do have a windows 764bit os.

is there a way i can use my pc and log into the files on the droid and not sd and revert what i did?

im at a loss here on the brink of insanity, please help. if you need more info i will gladly supply it. and a pre-emptive thank you to everyone.

NykoNako

Reaction score
Droid X - Boot Loop - RSD Issues - Help?

I'm in the same boat...

Droid X Stock > AndRoot > Koush Bootstrap > Backed up phone > Logwrapper Fix > Applied Froyo (didn't move SU to xbin though) > lost root but had working froyo
Most everyone says you have to SBF back down to stock (.60x) and then repeat the process and this time don't forget to move SU to xbin to get root.

RSD Lite 4.7 w/ Patch + VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf - 3 attempts were successful but left my phone in boot loop each time.
I reinstalled RSD + Patch + Drivers and tried for a 4th time; this time it failed with some error...

I'm stuck... any help on this would be much appreciated. Anyone able to SBF back to stock successfully? Can I haz your files?
Thanks
NyK0

OP
P

phlebotomist

Reaction score
i tried a ton of sbf's. not working. i just want it working at this point idc about root. been searching for a solution for hours. nothing yet. "boot loop" is proper term. i got more search results by using that in google.

OP
P

phlebotomist

Reaction score
im an idiot lol didnt realize you used boot loop until i sent that message. shows ya how long ive been looking for a fix.

NykoNako

Reaction score
Instead of Success & boot loops - RSD Lite is Failing and Bootloader shows 'Code Corrupt'

RSD LOG BELOW

23:47:43, August 20, 2010
Line: 518
ERROR: AP Die ID: 079002118b6e5a010000f0ff0000
Line: 525
ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000d15432890485
Line: 532
ERROR: AP Public ID: b58e1fe3d6a66e5f10b3fa7e3145bf0041dceca6
Line: 539
ERROR: BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff000049003289
23:53:20, August 20, 2010
Line: 1309
ERROR: Interface AP-OS: Error verifying Code Group 66 checksums. File: 0x12F, Phone: 0xFD2F
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashOp.cpp
Device ID: 0
23:53:53, August 20, 2010
Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp
23:53:53, August 20, 2010
Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Interface AP-OS: Error verifying Code Group 66 checksums. File: 0x12F, Phone: 0xFD2F (Error Code: 31),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=4000000, Code Group Number=66
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

NykoNako

Reaction score
BotoMist - let me know if you still need help with yours; i read someone else on here is having the same issue, I'll send him over incase his issue is similar

So... it seems that the SBF File fails on my DX unless I'm running from C:\. My initial 3 tests were from c:\ which is why they were successful but later attempts failed.
I just SBF'd and I'm back to the Droid EYE; if I can fix this... I'll post an update for any others who are having similar issues

*EDIT*
This gave me the idea of putting my SBF back in C:\ (not sure if posting to other forums is bad; but all in all we're here to help each other?)
http://androidforums.com/all-things...-failed-flashing-process-0x7100-rsd-lite.html

RSD 4.7 + Patch > 64bit Drivers > Win7 64bit
-place SBF in C:\
-RSD SBF to Phone (droid eye boot loop)
-hold HOME & Power to boot phone into Recovery not Bootloader
-wipe data

I'm guessing something must have been modified in the system during my rooting/froyo process that made the initial SBF not boot correctly or maybe you have to wipe data? not sure but as of right now I've re-activated my phone and signed into it.

If anyone I've emailed or sent a twitter message to stops by and reads this; I got my Droid X back online.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read, much appreciated.

`NyK0

Last edited:
OP
P

phlebotomist

Reaction score
still offline, very annoying. well at least you got yours fixed. now if only mine would work. lol

Nick177th

Reaction score
Not being sarcastic. I'm saying this in all seriousness. Have you guys hit up the Rescue squad folks? They're very good.

OP
P

phlebotomist

Reaction score
heck yes! i got it back! :). i was trying to do it with rsd 4.6. i installed 4.7 with patch and BAMM! lol so happy. now with the su file for going to 2.2 should that file be in bin or xbin? im already rooted and want to stay rooted on 2.2

NykoNako

Reaction score
Not being sarcastic. I'm saying this in all seriousness. Have you guys hit up the Rescue squad folks? They're very good.

I actually didn't think about posting in there; next time I have an issue I will though. I was trying to add to someone elses post and keep it all in 1 area...

Glad to here you got your phone back up phlebotomist.
Someone else was having similar issues..
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...oop-read-everywhere-need-help.html#post757994

Wonder if 66 got fixed...

Last edited: