Droid X Contacts Duplicated.

antmazz

Reaction score
I've got a few contact related problems. Here's a bit of a background and the issue. I've got about 1200 gmail contacts, 200 phone contacts (I use the Verizon backup assistant) and 500 facebook contacts. When I first got my Droid I connected it to everything and have 1500+ contacts on my phone. I then removed the connection to facebook, so it got rid of all those contacts.

I do have to draw a pattern when starting my phone for security reasons.

Now here are my issues:
1) I have a Pioneer P6100BT bluetooth radio in my car. When I try to use the voice command mode, it WILL NOT WORK unless I first pull out the phone, turn it on, side swipe and then draw my security pattern. The whole reason I have a bluetooth radio is so that I don't have to physically touch my phone. Is there any way around this issue?
2) If I use the "phonebook" function on my radio, I have to scroll thru 1500 contacts to select the person I want. Is there a way to get the phonebook to contain ONLY my phone contacts?
3) Ditto when using the voice commands. I have so many contacts, it often recognizes the wrong person.
4) Ditto with just using contacts in general, 1500 is a lot harder to scroll thru then 200.
5) For contacts that were both in my phone and in gmail (like my wife, for example), when I use the voice commands to 'call Maria mobile', all her numbers are duplicated. It'll have home 1, home 2 (same exact number), mobile 1, mobile 2 (same exact number). But when I go to edit the contact (I have them linked), I only see Home, and Mobile, not Home 1, Home 2, Mobile 1, Mobile 2.

Basically, when using the "phone" functions (calling/texting) I want to only scroll thru my 200 phone contacts. When using gmail, I'd like access to all 1500 contacts.

Thanks in advance for the help.

timrock

Reaction score
For your contacts problem, go to contacts, press menu, more, settingd, accounts and select the accounts you want to be visible.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

antmazz

Reaction score
That seems to only fix issue #4. Not 1, 2, 3 or 5.

Or am I misread it?

timrock

Reaction score
You may have to delete the account in order to not have all those numbers show up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk