Droid x confusion

trustno1

Reaction score
I went to verizon today and got a droid x after the unexpected death of my droid 1 and the display model appeared to running gingerbread. I asked the sales rep who roots and runs custom roms and he said "yeah they started getting the ota now". I got home and I dont appear to be running it, nor do I get an OTA notice. I did some searching on the interwebs and it says that we might be due for it. Anybody know for sure?

Also, I am thinking about putting a rom on. I used to have UD 2.5 on my OG droid. What's good out there or should I just hold onto stock?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I bet he root the display and has a GB rom on it................OTA has not been released.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Go back to the store and look at the android version and all the system info. I want me some cookies. :D

OP
T

trustno1

Reaction score
oooo thats a good idea. Those were easily the coolest vzw reps I have ever met. It was like the fight club of cell phone people. FIRST RULE OF ROOT IS: YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT ROOT hahaha

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Haha, seriously though. Go back. I'm curious now. :D I doubt it's gingerbread though. Why did it look like gingerbread?

Check:
-Are the menu's black?
-What is the Android Version?
-What is the Kernal?
-Are the status bar icons green?
-Is the orange glowing effect there when you hit the bottom of a scroll?
-Is there a screen off tv like effect?