Droid X Charging/Data Cable

Bubbagumpalump

Reaction score
My dog chewed up my usb cable and i need a new one soon. Any recommendations on a site that has cheap (but completely working) cables? I really dont want to have to buy from the Verizon store because their prices are way too high for my likings. Any help is appreciated.

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
this cable is extremely common im serious you wont even believe how many devices use it. check all your old car and wall chargers for past phones or electronic devices i guarantee you already have one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
B

Bubbagumpalump

Reaction score
i thought about that. im just worried that one of those cables will fry my phone. is that not the case?

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
Absolutely not verizon gives the illusion that the charger is different because of the design. If it fits in the phone it works the internals of the wire are the same no matter how cool or "official" it is. The only way you would fry your phone is if you short circuit by using a wire that maybe got nibbled on by your rabbit. Besides that dont hesitate at all the wire is exactly the same even if it is from years ago.

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
Just to add to that sometimes I steal by sisters enV charger so thats proof.

bkendrick

Reaction score
FYI I found some micro USB cables on Amazon for $1.25. The add reads for a blackberry but it works fine and no S&H.

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

OP
B

Bubbagumpalump

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually just found a thread talking about a place called monoprice. Their cables "seem" to be good for a decent price. If it doesn't work ill go to amazon.

Sent From An Xelent Droid

jimisbell

Reaction score
I have two that work fine on my AC charger but on the 12 car charger they dont work. They will charge if the phone is turned off (green led is on solid), but if the phone is turned on they dont charge (green led not lit). That doesnt help when I am using it for the GPS and need to have it on AND charging.

Any mods that I might have to do to the third party 12v to USB charger???

ezeStand

Reaction score
ezeStand stocks 6 ft Right Angle (and soon Left Angle) Micro USB cables. They are $3.99 and you can get free shipping if you order more 3 or more. If you order an ezeStand bundle (ezestand + micro USB cable) the cost of the cable is just $3
Thanks,

jimisbell

Reaction score
I found a Motorola OEM charger on Ebay for $8 and it works perfectly. I didnt originally buy one because they wanted $40. The two after market ones I got for $3 dont have the current to do the job. But its fixed now.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
For some reason, some shmuck stole my original charger after a party I had at my house. I now have several chargers, but the one I use the most is actually a blackberry charger for micro usb. I've never owned a blackberry so I'm not sure if they all come with this charger but I'm fairly positive the newer ones do. I have no problems with the blackberry charger at all. I have, however, seen some chargers tamper with the touch screen responsiveness....but as far as a simple USB cable, I can't imagine any one you'll find won't work.