Droid X Case

Fizban22

Reaction score
Hey im trying to decide what to use to protect my new Droid X.

Ive pretty much narrowed it down to either the black high gloss silicone case (High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover | Droid X Case) along with a screen protector...

OR

i just read up on the BodyGuardz thing and that seems pretty cool too.

i like the bodyguardz because it protects against scratchs and stuff while maintaining the out-of-box sleek look of the X, but im worried about protection from dropping my phone (though ive only dropped my old Storm maybe 2 or 3 times in the 2 years I had it, but accidents do happen)...

which one do yall recommend??

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can tell you if the bodyguardz are anything like the invisashield or whatever I wouldn't do it. Tried one of those once for my Blackberry and it went horribly wrong. I like Ottorbox cases

omnicious

Reaction score
I've used Bodyguardz for my previous cell phone and my Zune HD and I have to say it works well for scratches but not so much for nicks and dings. I would suggest the Bodyguardz screen protector (just the screen) and a silicone case.

crb79

Reaction score
I'm using the Leather bound snap on cover with kickstand and it's great. Feels much better in my hand than the Silicone cases. Although I do love the NFL branded Silicone cases I've seen advertised.

HwnDroid

Reaction score
I got the high gloss silicone case in black today after hearing good stuff about it. Its pretty slick and I like it better than the hard plastic snap on cases that I got. Its thin, feels good, slides in and out of my pocket just like a plastic one and it doesn't feel bulky at all. I recommend this case!
In case anyones interested I have 2 brand new VZW hard cases for sale. 1 clear and 1 carbon fiber. As you all know the clear one sells for 19.99 + tax and the carbon fiber one sells for 24.99 + tax. I'm asking $35 for both plus $5 for USPS flat rate priority. Let me know!

kmasum

Reaction score
I bought one leather case with kick stand from verizon store, I am not liking it, kickstand doesn't open easily, so most likely returning it back..cost me twenty bucks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AzJazz

Reaction score
@Fizban22 - My wife really likes her silicone case (the one you had the link to), with one caveat: The power button is a bit hard to press because the raised surface of the case is close to the power button. Regarding the screen protector, it is probably not necessary. Motorola uses "Gorilla Glass" on its screens, and GG is absolutely amazing stuff:

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8"]YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test[/video]
[video=youtube;aVxj6gRYwS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVxj6gRYwS0"]YouTube - Gorilla Glass Test. Smashing![/video]

FWIW, I just removed my screen protector on my Droid a few days ago.

Cheers,

AzJazz

Reaction score

Ive pretty much narrowed it down to either the black high gloss silicone case (High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover | Droid X Case) along with a screen protector...

OR

i just read up on the BodyGuardz thing and that seems pretty cool too.

i like the bodyguardz because it protects against scratchs and stuff while maintaining the out-of-box sleek look of the X, but im worried about protection from dropping my phone (though ive only dropped my old Storm maybe 2 or 3 times in the 2 years I had it, but accidents do happen)...

which one do yall recommend??

The carbon fiber one is the one I have, and Its the best for the money.

nanoera

Reaction score
I don't know if it's getting better but I used to have silicone/rubber case for my iphone 3G and it let the small debris hide underneath the edge and scratch the hell out of the chromed plastic. Try to avoid anything that has loose edge fit.

dulaney22

Reaction score
I got the case you linked and zagg screen protector. I love the case. Adds almost nothing to the bulk of the phone. I wish the screen protector had a slicker feel but overall I'm pleased.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lastofthezeds

Reaction score
If anyone wants, I am going to be getting rid of my body glove case....It has been used for literally 6 days
PM me
i was thinking like 15 shipped?
I just ordered one off ebay so I don't need this one. Let me know

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

I just got one of the high gloss silicone case from the link above. I'm very happy. it comes off easy enough since I dock it at work and isn't very large. I'm mostly worried about hitting a wall or something with it in my pocket or a table corner. I always have the screen facing my leg and the silicone gives a little cushion. Mostly its so the phone stays looking nice. I hate scratched up phones. As for the screen protector, I don't know if I want one on it. I bought a pack at Verizon when I got my DX and frankly, it sucks. It blurs everything. I've looked at the crystal clear ones, but am still undecided. My pocket is only for my phone so I think i'll leave it off for now.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I have the high gloss silicone case and I like it because it is form fitted and a lil stiffer than the regular silicone cases that used to be out there yet it doesnt move away from the edge. I also like it isnt going to scratch the phone itself, which is what I worry about with the hard and snap on cases. I hate a scratched up phone, and it drives me nuts to see any little nicks and such. I use a screen protector because I would rather scratch the screen protector than the actual glass of the screen and again, I am OCD about my devices looking brand new out of the box even after months, preferably years, of use. EVERYTHING I own has a screen protector on it except my laptop, and thats only becasue I can't find one big enough for it yet.... lol

How are the hard and snap on cases now days, are they still having the potential to scratch the phone upon installation like some I have seen? The other silicone cases you see for this phone on like ebay and third party silicone cases, are they those soft extremely flexible ones that have been around for a while, does anyone know?