Droid X case which works with car dock

cfazio

Reaction score
Is there a protective case which works with the car dock?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cartmann32

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it looks to me like it's such a tight tolerance, that you might not be able to have a case when you dock it......that's why I made my own

OP
C

cfazio

Reaction score
I agree. The car dock does have a sleeve which slides out. But the verizon case still would not fit in. I was wondering if any of the after market case might fit.

jasonD

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it looks to me like it's such a tight tolerance, that you might not be able to have a case when you dock it......that's why I made my own

I was looking at making my own too. How did u make yours?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bkendrick

Reaction score
I tried several cases and never found one that fits the car dock. However, I picked my favorite case and enhanced the dock to make it fit. Grab an screwdriver and a razor blade and get crafty. I ended up taking the back off the housing for the dock and shaving the plastic off the raised top of the usb plug. I also shaved some of the front lip and raised support. In the end it's cosmetically fine and functions perfectly.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

OP
C

cfazio

Reaction score
I tried several cases and never found one that fits the car dock. However, I picked my favorite case and enhanced the dock to make it fit. Grab an screwdriver and a razor blade and get crafty. I ended up taking the back off the housing for the dock and shaving the plastic off the raised top of the usb plug. I also shaved some of the front lip and raised support. In the end it's cosmetically fine and functions perfectly.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.
May I ask which case you ended up using?