Droid X cant get past rooted boot animation

Sean_Bernstein

Reaction score
alright heres what has been done to my phone

Rooted by z4root permanatly

Rom: Jrummy v.1 (2.2.1 V only)

the phone was at 2.2.1 before I rooted it.

Ok heres the deal... when I installed the .zip file in the root of the sd card and ran koush's droid x bootstrap to get into recovery to install that file everything went fine. I found it in the root and ran it and it did its thing all the way up untill it got to jrummy boot animation thing (its says rumm with the egyptian eye thing with the lil android guy in a doctor suit) and didnt get any further. Like it was there for like 10 minutes and I figured something went wrong cause I did this process on my friends phone exactly the same way and his went through flawlessly. No joke I did everything the same its just mine is stuck at the lil image.

So then I tried doing a factory reset and its still stuck at that screen and then I tried mounting the card to the computer and see if I can get into the root from the computer and the computer wont recognize the phone either so all this phone will do is get locked up on that screen.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

pandabear

Reaction score
I just did the same exact thing, except that I installed it via rom manager. My phone is currently unusable, I've tried SBFing it but I get an error "chipset type 50 not supported". I'm using RSD lite 4.6 and using the VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf file.. not sure what to do at this point, I wiped data/cache like you did via the instructions for jrummy's rom. I'm not on the leak, using bootloader 3.04

tatuud

Reaction score
Get rsdlite 4.8. Try booting into stock recovery first. Wipe data factory reset. If that doesn't work...4.8

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Also make sure your Motorola drivers are up to date.

Get rsdlite 4.8. Try booting into stock recovery first. Wipe data factory reset. If that doesn't work...4.8

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!

pandabear

Reaction score
Yep, updated RSD did the trick. Now I've just gotta re-root

OP
S

Sean_Bernstein

Reaction score
hey thanks for the help guys! so once I download this red thing how do I get my phone to be recognized by the computer?