Droid X camera only shows a black screen

skennelly

Reaction score
I apologize ifs there is already a thread on this, but I have searched and can't find one.

My issue:

Droid x purchased about a month ago. Phone is rooted for access to wifi tethering and overclock. No major modifcations.

Recently, my camera will only show a black screen and i cannot take pictures and videos. I have rebooted and turned off location tag and still have the same problem. I might add that i first noticed the issue when the led flashlight would not turn led's on. I have tried other led light apps since and none work. I had only used that flashlight a few times prior.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am trying to avoid having to unroot and take my phone in.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
skennelly

skennelly

Reaction score
I think you ares correct. I tried a soft reset with no luck. Called vzw support and they had men do a hard reset last night. Checked this morning and it still wasn't working. Called support at 6:30 this morning and they are sending me a new phone. Pretty simple, no questions asked, which leads me to believe they are well aware off the issue.

Only problem is that the new phone probably won't arrive until Monday.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App