Droid X camera is disapointing (pictures inside)

oc noob

Reaction score
You take a picture of an object with the sun directly behind it and a bunch of pics of you while you are holding the camera?

User error.

It could have a $1000 DSLR built into it and your pictures would still turn out bad.

Learn a little about taking pictures and it will improve your pics greatly.

deranger

Reaction score
I am also disappointed with the camera, and this is why:

Autofocus is slow and misses focus frequently.
Can't change autofocus point.
Obnoxious focus and shutter sounds that cannot be disabled without root.

Honestly, I preferred the camera on my 2G iPhone. Because it was always set at infinity focus, it was always ready to take pictures. None of this 2 second autofocus searching delay followed by a blurry picture because it missed focus anyways.

IMO, the best part of a cell phone camera is that it's always there and can quickly capture the moment. However, with this tedious autofocus on EVERY shot, accompanied by a series of equally annoying beeps, kills it for me.

The video on the Droid X is pretty great, however. No complaints there.

smokecombs

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree mate, about the shutter speed and focus or whatever. It doesn't do bad out in good light, etc.. but it takes a good while on the inside to focus, and still get grainy photos unless the subject matter is within maybe 8 foot or so. But having said that, my first digital point and shoot camera, over 3megapixels, is a Kodak 7 or 8 megapixel camera, it takes it twice as long to focus as the Droid X. Now that camera will drive you fricken crazy. My little Sony Walkman phone would snap shots pretty quickly, although not at the quality as the X. I am slightly disappointed in the video, lol, so maybe I'm the exact opposite. Again, the video is pretty good if the subject matter is close, but really I don't think I've done enough videoing, other than private stuff, lol (joking, sort of). I did take some video of a mother deer and her twin fawns the other day but again, they were at least 150 yards away and it was really sunny so the video isn't good really. I hate the fact I can't zoom the video camera, or at least haven't figured it out yet.

Rax

Reaction score
And of course inside pics are the absolute worse way to test a camera.

When pro's take pics inside they spend an awful lot of money on flashes and accessories to take indoor pics - there's a reason for that. ;)

Same with some out door ones too:)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Like this camara effect, thought this was a cool one. Even though inside and low light pictures normally don't look good.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Another one different effect

battlemac

Reaction score
How about the Droid X vs the D2 vs one of the Galaxy S phones with a camera flash(for the sake of similarity).

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
It is Cleveland Beer Week so lots of pictures have been added this week....Again...all these pictures were taken with my droid X!