Droid x camera hanging and unable to save fortress after gingerbread update?

Tuxgirl

Reaction score
Last night, i tried to use the camera on my droid x, and after the first video, every time I tried to even open the camera app, it would hang badly. I tried rebooting, and that didn't fix it. When I went into the gallery later, it showed an icon where the video I had taken should be, and when I tried clicking on it, it said it couldn't open it. The same happened with a picture I to whole trying to debug...

I think I had taken a picture successfully since the gingerbread update, but I'm honestly not sure if it was before or after I applied the update.

Phone is not rooted, aio have the stock Verizon rom. Any ideas on what I should try sort of taking it back to Verizon? I recently got this one as a replacement for a phone that completely stopped booting...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

Tuxgirl

Reaction score
I can't remember what I was trying to say with the word fortress in the subject... :)

Another symptom I am seeing is that while I can get to the camera settings, if I try to change any settings, the camera app just closes down.

OP
T

Tuxgirl

Reaction score
Looks like deleting the bad files has it working for now... frustrating, though.