Droid X Calendar will not remain open

captainstandup

Reaction score
All if the sudden today the stock calendar widget will not open my calendar app. It opens for perhaps two seconds quickly closes. Please help!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try just resetting your Droid. If that doesn't work then delete the app and reinstall it.

OP
C

captainstandup

Reaction score
Its the stock calendar widget and I cant figure out how to remove it or for that matter I havent found a place to download it from the market either

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Try just resetting your Droid. <snip>
Did you read and try this part of hook's post? If you don't understand what he meant it entails doing a factory data reset on your phone.

good luck

DaveW2468

Reaction score
I have the same problem.

As captainstandup appears to be new as I am, has anyone found a solution to the problem other than setting the phone back to how it came from the factory. I get that solution from Verizon every time I have a problem. It seems to be their go to answer.

Can you even uninstall and re-install a stock app? If so, please point me to the instructions.

oakweems

Reaction score
I had the same issue today. Try Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All->Calendar

Go to storage section and hit Clear Data.

Go back into calendar app. It will eventually resync to your current google calendar.

Eric

Siouxdroid

Reaction score
Calendar Fix

The same issue just happened to me today. I found this fix and it worked like a charm (WITHOUT doing a factory or hard reset):

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Select "Running" applications tab.
5. Select Calendar Storage
6. Press "Clear data."
7. Wait for everything to re-sync OR return to "Settings," select "Accounts," highlight the account(s) that you want synced to your calendar and then uncheck and re-check "Sync Calendar."

This worked for me. I went back to my calendar app and it was working brilliantly once again (no sudden closing after a millisecond!) and all info on my calendar was there once again! :icon_ banana:

On the other forum I found this on it stated "112 of 120 people found this answer helpful." It's now 113.

Hope you get the same results.:)