DROID X by Motorola Launch Event Live Blog [In 30 Mins]

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
1:25PM John Stratton just pulled the Droid X out of his pocket. Yep, it's got a 4.3-inch screen.

....out his pocket......

Might have been a blazer pocket, but its a pocket......

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
phonedog said:

8MP Camera with 720p HD video capture. 4.3", 16:9 aspect ratio display. HDMI and DLNA audio/video out for connection to TVs, home theater, Win 7 devices, and so on. 1GHz TI OMAP 4630 processor. 8GB internal memory, 16GB memory card.

I know he made a typo.....but is it 3630 or 3640.....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
But this is good. Now we can see which current phones have the best battery life by having it ship with a battery already in use.

Inc., EVO or X. Even tho the EVO and X have a bigger screen, I would probably compare those 2 for battery life.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Froyo going open source today...thats huge! This phone must be coming out very soon.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ uh oh....let the Froyo madness begin....ooohhh pete and cyanogen.....

phonedog:

512MB RAM

Diversity Antennas for better call quality. Subtle digs at iPhone/AT&T from Sanjay.

what the &^^$ is that???

3 antennas for noise canceling on calls and better audio on video capture. Exchange support. PVC-free construction. Jha: "We have exceeded" other companies in terms of making an environmentally friendly handset.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
July 15th...I dont wanna wait three weeks dangit.

kygator1

Reaction score
OK my son wants new phone here have a used but loved droid.

X i want one and getting one period... I like ...

OP
P

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
Damn charge for wifi hotspot, july 15th and the early upgrade thing is great for alot of people but just sucks that it will be that many more people getting this phone...really hope they have a large supply ready.

edit: and really gay that 20 bucks only gets you 2gb of tethering

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So now the question is...since I am the primary on my family plan I can get a yearly upgrade, right? Sooo since I got my droid nov6th..i should be able to get this at a discount?

OP
P

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
anyone heard about preorder yet. Neither mobilecrunch or phonedog has said anything

kygator1

Reaction score
So hoping Erron that my situation. Plus long time customer and if t hey don't i alwasy tell them I leaving and they do it :) just deal with corp not local store..good luck.