Droid X bricked?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I did the download from your page Abe where it said 04 needs newer version. But I'm not sure it's the one. It shows on my desktop VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_IFF_01 Size is 4.00kb. Is that the correct one?

Try to redownload it. If its only 4 kb then its not the full file.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Jaamop. Rooting phone is easy, and has caused me NO problems. z4root is the simpliest way. I don't know how to link, but you can go to youtube and search z4root droid x. Having wireless tether is worth it by itself (app market mueller, lemons buxton version). Enjoy.
Sorry dude, but do you really think you are the guy that needs to be giving "modding" advice to a new user???

As to your SBF problem...It sounds like you are not actually "saving" the SBF file, but instead are saving a "shortcut" to it on your desktop...is this the case? That would explain why you get the correct filename, but only a file of 4.00kB and not 400mb...

OP
M

milski65

Reaction score
Bodybagz, original size 445,393 kb. Guess I compressed it to 261,800 kb. Saved on c drive, then made shortcut to desktop. Not sure if that was right way to do it.

I'll take into advisement your suggestion about offering recommendations to other users.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont make a shortcut on the desktop just put it on the desktop. make sure u extracted the .zip file too

Graymayre

Reaction score
That's a bit much for me. I'm in boot recovery .04, not .03 Should I just go to the store and give them 20?

When in RSD lite, make sure that when you select the sbf file, data comes up in the file window on the right. If it doesn't, redownload the sbf file or find another source to download it from. Then make sure your device comes up in the list and then the data in the left window when you select it. Make sure you have a complete set of drivers, I had an issue with my D2G where it was able to start, but switched to a different protocol towards the end of the flash that I didn't have the driver for and it failed. Also, do it on XP if you can. I've heard everyone having issues on 7 including myself.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

milski65

Reaction score
$64,000 question. Got phone to reboot via rsd, but since I bought a new X, this one has no service, and it's asking me to activte. I still have it plugged up. Any suggestions? Wasn't aware service had to be open on bricked version. Status bar says to manually power phone up. Progress "executed 100%" Result "in process". Can I just manualy turn on power and unplug?

Graymayre

Reaction score
$64,000 question. Got phone to reboot via rsd, but since I bought a new X, this one has no service, and it's asking me to activte. I still have it plugged up. Any suggestions? Wasn't aware service had to be open on bricked version.

If you just needed it back to stock like the day you bought it, then you succeeded. If you want to use it like just a wifi device or something without it having service, then that should be easy too. Usually you can just skip the intro stuff, but if you must, you can temporarily activate it on your line and switch back really easy and really fast. Just do the *228 and put in your phone number. No customer service stuff needed.

OP
M

milski65

Reaction score
So can I just power it down, then back on to have rsd screen say pass, or is the pass unnecessary? Theres a big droid in the center telling me to touch it to proceed, then going into activate screen. Cannot dial any numbers. Theres also a light blue triangle next to time and power charge on notification bar.

Graymayre

Reaction score
So can I just power it down, then back on to have rsd screen say pass, or is the pass unnecessary?

I don't know what it does when you power it back up while plugged in, but I never did and it worked. I would go ahead, it probably verifies that the flash was successful. Since RSD was a program that we acquired and didn't make ourselves, we really don't know what it does in detail.
If anyone does, feel free to correct me, but I'm sure doing as the program says is the least risky thing to do.

OP
M

milski65

Reaction score
Success!

To Gray, and especially Abe, I truly do appreciate you patience and technical expetise. Abe, it was just the extracting file. After that it went fast. A great site with truly exception people. Thank you very much.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
glad u finally got it. theres always small details everyone gets caught up on.

OP
M

milski65

Reaction score
Gray and Abe, if you have a recommended spot I'd like to do a donation for your time and effort. It'd be my pleasure.

Graymayre

Reaction score
The devs in here do the real work and devote alot of time to this stuff. Alot more than me ;)
Anything I know I learned from someone else in these forums.
I greatly appreciate it though!

zenman77

Reaction score
So can I just power it down, then back on to have rsd screen say pass, or is the pass unnecessary? Theres a big droid in the center telling me to touch it to proceed, then going into activate screen. Cannot dial any numbers. Theres also a light blue triangle next to time and power charge on notification bar.
Another thing you can do to bypass the activation screens on Motorola phones is tap four points on the screen. Start with the top left, then top right, bottom right and then bottom left. This will bypass that screen and take you directly to the home screen.

Hope this helps