Droid X Boot Animation for the Incredible (w/ new sound mix)

FlubFlav

Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I'm loving my new boot animation, ported from the Droid X by other folks; you can get all the info here:
Droid X Boot Animation (w/ DROID sound) - xda-developers

I took their original "Droid" sound and tweaked it a bit myself:
I realized that there was something missing for me in the whole experience. In my mind I was hearing more sound after the great "Drrroooiiidd" voice.
So after wasting an hour or so, I mixed together a new mp3 sound file that can easily replace the "android_audio.mp3" file.
I've included 2 versions, the first is a longer one, the second shorter; I prefer the longer one, but some may feel the end sound repeating gets a bit obnoxious. I think it rocks.
Bonus points to the first person to identify the 2 added sounds (should be easy IMO)
Hopefully I'm not the only one to enjoy this!

Check out what it looks/sounds like here:
[video=youtube;lZZKsijZGrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZKsijZGrc]YouTube - Droid Incredible w/ Droid X boot animation & new sound[/video]

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Transformers sound and cylons from BSG, wasn't hard at all. Good job!

Here's a question, since all I have to do is move these to data/local (because the OS looks there first)
if I placed the mp3 and bootanimation.zip on my Sd root, what would the commands look like to move them in terminal emulator? Can it be done this way?)

Last edited:
OP
F

FlubFlav

Reaction score
Yep, you got it RW-1; Transformers and cylons.
I honestly don't know much about the technical aspects of this; I just followed the directions from the xda developers forum posting and then just messed around with the sound file myself.
Good luck!

Transformers sound and cylons from BSG, wasn't hard at all. Good job!

Here's a question, since all I have to do is move these to data/local (because the OS looks there first)
if I placed the mp3 and bootanimation.zip on my Sd root, what would the commands look like to move them in terminal emulator? Can it be done this way?)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I got both files on /data/local, their bootanimation and your mp3 file.

Alas I have the animation, but no sound.

Running froyo on my droid, must be something with that, posted on XDA.

Bummer too, because I like the mp3 you did!

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is sick. I love it!!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well great! So let's get the sound working on our froyo installs ...........

Anyone have a thought?

hitmaninpa

Reaction score
i also tested this on my droid,no sound... tried to change mp3 to ogg as i noticed a few notifications had this extension.

also tried putting boot and sound in system/media

either way i try i get the boot to work perfect but no sound.

must be a permission somewhere.... in the original boot i had the droid sound at boot up,so it has to be possible to get this android_audio.mp3 sound to work...

any ideas?? will keep testing if i figure something i will post up and share

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll work with you, however from what I read, the original droid sound was the SD card prep notification, there was no actual boot sound that we had, we all just assumed that to be the case.

In froyo, I think this switching of the vibrate settings in interfering with this working for us, now if someone has a 2.1 phone, one could get the files on there, doesn't need root to do it to /data/local as I've been told.

PM me as well if you need to, I want that sound on my Droid!

OP
F

FlubFlav

Reaction score
Ya, I've got an Incredible, non-rooted, w/ 2.1 and I'm getting the animation & sound just fine (once I realized I had the damn thing on vibrate).