Droid X - Blur UI/Widgets Walkthrough

maniacman54

Reaction score
lol Ok I can understand knocking it for being uncomfortable when holding it up against your face while in a call because of it's large form factor; but knocking it because you can't cradle it between your ear and your shoulders when your hands are doing something else...Really? I mean really?

...Newsflash lady it's 2010, the hands free bluetooth headset has already been invented.

I'm sorry, but she looked really homely. I didn't even think she knew what technology was. I was watching it and wondered "who does the cradling anymore?"

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the Droid X does not come with MotoBlur. It is their custom UI.

half the people will tell you it has motoblur, the other half won't. what you can't deny is that it has a modified launcher, 7 homescreens, custom widgets, and some custom options.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not a fan of motoblur, but it must be a following for them to continue down that path. If future android devices are going down that path, i hope their is an option to decide if you want to install that from the market. I would not want that space taken up if i do not use motoblur.

Siel

Reaction score
how hard would it be for someone to port this to the original droid. just wondering... :)

calbrs04

Reaction score
lol Ok I can understand knocking it for being uncomfortable when holding it up against your face while in a call because of it's large form factor; but knocking it because you can't cradle it between your ear and your shoulders when your hands are doing something else...Really? I mean really?

...Newsflash lady it's 2010, the hands free bluetooth headset has already been invented.

I don't think that she has ever tried cradling any cell with her ear and shoulder. No matter what cell you use, they are too damn thin to cradle anymore. Anyways I agree, you have bluetooth, wired headsets, and I think that they also have this thing called speaker phone. I just hope she's not trying to cradle the phone while driving.....

tmoney2007

Reaction score
You can't really even cradle a regular corded phone on your shoulder comfortably unless you put one of those huge horn things on it.

People haven't done that with cell phones since bluetooth came out... the last cell phone that you could cradle like that was probably the original big ass brick phone.