Droid X Blur UI Sucks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of people complain about this but I love Blur on my X. Granted I came from the Storm 1 so almost anything is better. I get no lag and love the overall UI.

Thats 95% of the problem. In my opinion you shouldn't even be sold any Droid until you've owned a Storm (1 or 2) for a year. Then let's hear what you got to complain about.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to see what happens later this year when Google releases 3.0, since they say they have revamed the UI itself, they supposedly are not going to allow custom UI layers placed on top of it by OEM's.

That, if true, will; be the end of this nonsense (to bad the pun only works with HTC units hehe)

disgustipated

Reaction score
A lot of people complain about this but I love Blur on my X. Granted I came from the Storm 1 so almost anything is better. I get no lag and love the overall UI.

Thats 95% of the problem. In my opinion you shouldn't even be sold any Droid until you've owned a Storm (1 or 2) for a year. Then let's hear what you got to complain about.

I'm coming from a storm 1 for a year...and unfortunatly, the reception on the Storm 1 is godly compared to the droid x. I'm left scratching my head at how the reception can be so bad on this thing. When I wasn't able to send a single text for 5 hours yesterday I actually said "God I wish I had my storm back"

It was the darkest moment of my life.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
if you go to setting, apps, running services.

you can actually see a service named blur something.

it blows

littlkj5

Reaction score
I'm coming from a storm 1 for a year...and unfortunatly, the reception on the Storm 1 is godly compared to the droid x. I'm left scratching my head at how the reception can be so bad on this thing. When I wasn't able to send a single text for 5 hours yesterday I actually said "God I wish I had my storm back"

It was the darkest moment of my life.

That's weird. My reception is great still. Maybe it is just where you are located.

I am on a college campus so the reception is always good.

Rindaen

Reaction score
Dear Motorola,
Your hardware is great but your software is awful. The skinning is not only less visually pleasing, its also buggy and bloated.
I did not want Blockbuster permanently loaded on my phone. Nor did I want the 20 other uninstallable garbage apps you included that all run at boot.
I am a Droid 1 to Droid X convert.

:greendroid:Can I have my stock Android OS back now?:greendroid:

NOOB Questions below,

I dont have a Droid YET, but Im curious what apps are installed that you cant remove?
Why are they running at startup? Shouldnt they only run when you launch them?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
The most perfect phone for someone will be the worst experience for another. It is the way its always been. Cant please everyone. Pay the 35.00 restocking fee and go get the ummmmm...well there is nothing else really, well the Incredible :sarcasm:

I bought my Wife the LG Ally last night. She likes it, but I didnt. See how that worked?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of pre-loaded anything on a device.

But it's all marketing..... nature of the beast.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I like it, IMO its better than the Android Facebook app. The Messaging widget I like too. It would be nice if it all wasnt white but really, when I was theming my Droid I was never happy because I always wanted to change it. Now I leave the X alone and actually use the phone for its intended purpose. haha

ffej89

Reaction score
Thats the great thing about android if you dont like blur you can try other launchers. Its easy to load a new launcher, try it, and uninstall it if you dont like it. I like LauncherPro not that its better its just different. If you're not impressed with blur give some others a try

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Some pre-loaded software is okay; it shows off the capabilities and gives newbies something to play with when they first get the phone. However, we should have the option to remove the software. It might not be as bad if the software just sat there, but when it loads at startup and re-opens itself after I'v e shut it down, it's just annoying. At least on my desktop/laptop I'm able to remove the pre-installed bloatware.

Someone mentioned the next 3.0 OS upgrade (Gingerbread) not allowing overlaid UIs, like Sense and Motoblur. That's not how I interpreted it. My interpretation was that Google was hoping that the new UI of stock Android would be so good that phone manufacturers wouldn't feel the need to overlay their own stuff over it. I don't remember Google saying that it couldn't or wouldn't be done, just that they didn't think it would be necessary.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some pre-loaded software is okay; it shows off the capabilities and gives newbies something to play with when they first get the phone. However, we should have the option to remove the software. It might not be as bad if the software just sat there, but when it loads at startup and re-opens itself after I'v e shut it down, it's just annoying. At least on my desktop/laptop I'm able to remove the pre-installed bloatware.

Someone mentioned the next 3.0 OS upgrade (Gingerbread) not allowing overlaid UIs, like Sense and Motoblur. That's not how I interpreted it. My interpretation was that Google was hoping that the new UI of stock Android would be so good that phone manufacturers wouldn't feel the need to overlay their own stuff over it. I don't remember Google saying that it couldn't or wouldn't be done, just that they didn't think it would be necessary.
I saw the same information. That Google wants to eliminate the desire to overlay anything on their UI.

ffej89

Reaction score
I think no matter how well Google does there are people who just love different UI's. For me i love sense ui on htc and for those out there that have moto they will probably love Blur. Sometimes its not just a question of performance but customization as well.