Droid X Blur UI Sucks

bishyaler

Reaction score
Dear Motorola,
Your hardware is great but your software is awful. The skinning is not only less visually pleasing, its also buggy and bloated.
I did not want Blockbuster permanently loaded on my phone. Nor did I want the 20 other uninstallable garbage apps you included that all run at boot.
I am a Droid 1 to Droid X convert.

:greendroid:Can I have my stock Android OS back now?:greendroid:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dear Motorola,
Your hardware is great but your software is awful. The skinning is not only less visually pleasing, its also buggy and bloated.
I did not want Blockbuster permanently loaded on my phone. Nor did I want the 20 other uninstallable garbage apps you included that all run at boot.

"Deleted by me" Changed my mind about being such a smarta$$. But my comment was funny.

OP
B

bishyaler

Reaction score
Dear Motorola,

"Deleted by me" Changed my mind about being such a smarta$$. But my comment was funny.

I didn't see your comment. I was too busy crying salty tears all over the social networking app suite.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not too late to take it back

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dear Motorola,

I didn't see your comment. I was too busy crying salty tears all over the social networking app suite.

In an overly sarcastic manner I had suggested that you should have checked it out before you bought - something about none of those things changed after you bought it. Even trying to paraphrase it, it sounds snarky. sarcasm just doesn't work in writing like it does in person. In person, I could have made you laugh about this. Oh, well.

OP
B

bishyaler

Reaction score

In an overly sarcastic manner I had suggested that you should have checked it out before you bought - something about none of those things changed after you bought it. Even trying to paraphrase it, it sounds snarky. sarcasm just doesn't work in writing like it does in person. In person, I could have made you laugh about this. Oh, well.

Alas I am an impulsive toolbag. I knew it was skinned, I just didn't realize how badly.

lschmitt

Reaction score
While you guys talk about software I have to take my Droid X back already due to hardware. They sent me a broke as phone!! When I make calls, all I hear every time someone talks is a blown tweeter type annoying ass sound. The wifi doesn't work either!! I have to wait till they get more then I get to turn it in for a new one at the local store. I'm not to mad but it still sucks. The only cure will be if someone finds out how to root the X around the so called "eFuse" we're hearing so much about. If it doesn't get root in the next 30 days, I'm taking mine back for sure. So much for waiting up and ordering at midnight hey?

richpjr

Reaction score
I agree with the op. I bought the phone knowing that Verizon is loading this thing with a ton of crap I'll never use. Doesn't mean I wouldn't think it was a better phone without that junk.

littlkj5

Reaction score
A lot of people complain about this but I love Blur on my X. Granted I came from the Storm 1 so almost anything is better. I get no lag and love the overall UI.

mflynn

Reaction score
I'm liking it, coming from a Nexus using the stock interface. Its much better then SenseUI that HTC phones have.