Droid X Bluetooth issues?

gdm

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for a long/detailed post....
Love my Droid X, but bluetooth doesn't seem to work well.

The phone pairs with my car (2010 VW Jetta, built in 9W3 BT module), and works fine 85% of the time.. However, sometimes, for seemingly no reason at all, the car and phone disconnect from each other. Sometimes this happens when the phone is idle, sometimes in the middle of a call.. (If in the middle of a call, the call reverts to the phone earpiece+mic.)

And when BT is working, the car pulls up the "recent calls" list and displays something like the very first calls I made from the phone, months ago.. Always thought this was a quirkly, minor annoyance, now wondering if it is related somehow..

Lastly, when I exit the car, sometimes the phone reports that it is still connected to the car - even 10 minutes later, when I am waaay out of bluetooth range... The icon is still dark blue, the phone's "Wireless and network settings" report "connected" to my car...

I have unpaired/re-paired the units, the problem came back. There doesn't seem to be any trigger for it - sometimes I go several days and several calls with no issues, other times it happens twice within a 30 minute drive.

If the phone and car disconnect and I disable BT on the phone, then re-enable it, the phone and car re-synch as if nothing happened in the first place...

Anyone else having troubles like this? Should I suspect my car? What else should I try?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry in advance for a long/detailed post....
Love my Droid X, but bluetooth doesn't seem to work well.

The phone pairs with my car (2010 VW Jetta, built in 9W3 BT module), and works fine 85% of the time.. However, sometimes, for seemingly no reason at all, the car and phone disconnect from each other. Sometimes this happens when the phone is idle, sometimes in the middle of a call.. (If in the middle of a call, the call reverts to the phone earpiece+mic.)

And when BT is working, the car pulls up the "recent calls" list and displays something like the very first calls I made from the phone, months ago.. Always thought this was a quirkly, minor annoyance, now wondering if it is related somehow..

Lastly, when I exit the car, sometimes the phone reports that it is still connected to the car - even 10 minutes later, when I am waaay out of bluetooth range... The icon is still dark blue, the phone's "Wireless and network settings" report "connected" to my car...

I have unpaired/re-paired the units, the problem came back. There doesn't seem to be any trigger for it - sometimes I go several days and several calls with no issues, other times it happens twice within a 30 minute drive.

If the phone and car disconnect and I disable BT on the phone, then re-enable it, the phone and car re-synch as if nothing happened in the first place...

Anyone else having troubles like this? Should I suspect my car? What else should I try?

I'm going to be of no help to you but I'm responding anyway.

I can't pair mine to my 2007 Jetta GLI cause that year didn't have the module preinstalled. And I'm not paying their price for module+installation. Lets just say it would cost the price of a Droid X outright, no contract.

I have issues with my BT also. But mine is just pairing it to the earpiece itself. And I'm no moron. I've never had any problems wiith any other phone. I've taken this in twice and she had no problem doing it. Me, doing it the same way and either the phone won't except it or the Jabra won't except the phone.

Sorry for the lack of help. I just share your pain:)

beeweezy

Reaction score
Same Problem with Kenwood Deck

I am having the same symptoms when pairing with the Kenwood deck I just installed. The deck is continuously reporting that the phone is connecting and disconnecting seemingly randomly. I've only made a few shorter calls at this point, so I haven't had it actually disconnect during a call, however given the behavior so far I would expect that to happen at some point. Same as you, the Recent In/Out Calls on the Kenwood deck are still displaying the original list of calls from when it first synced. At first I thought it was related to when the phone display shut off and the phone went into idle, but I've had the same behavior while keeping the phone active.

I also assumed that it was the deck that was the problem but haven't found anything yet related to that, which is why I went searching the DROID forums. My previous Plantronics headset, while a little glitchy at times interacting with the voice-dialer, connected to the X just fine and never cut off calls. I'm glad that someone else has similar issues and since this was posted a couple months back, maybe an answer.

lpd283

Reaction score
I cannot get my Droid X to connect with my Jabra earpiece. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App