droid x battery question

tmaster4

Reaction score
i just bought the droid x today and i was just wondering if letting the battery drain and charging it to full will let the battery keep a better charge?

concept3601

Reaction score
It says to make sure to charge it all the way before using so im guessing its not a good idea to do the opposite lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

theforeman

Reaction score
not with lithium ion batteries the phones have today. but with the Ni Cad ones it did help. lithium ion do not have a memory and it doesn't matter when you charge them

epsilonbass

Reaction score
I just got the phone on Wednesday. I took it out the box and started setting it up in the fedex parking lot (they can never find my house). I let it charge for an hour when I got back home, but went out and continued my day after that. The first few days I was a bit worried about my quick dropping battery life, but I found after the first couple days, my battery has gotten more into the swing of things, or at least I'm learning how to better manage the battery.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
not with lithium ion batteries the phones have today. but with the Ni Cad ones it did help. lithium ion do not have a memory and it doesn't matter when you charge them
While not actually helping/hurting the battery itself, charging fully and then discharging fully does in fact help the Battery Manager calibrate the charge statistics of the battery.

Wouldnt hurt to allow the battery to fully drain once evry couple of weeks to make sure the battery manager is showing the actual battery capacity state.