Droid X battery problems discovered!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by pilot25, Aug 4, 2010.

1. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SPARE PARTS NOT NEEDED TO CHECK BATTERY USAGE ON X
    I learned from another droidforums member that you don't even need to install software to monitor your battery as it may be built into the droid...at least it works on droid 1. Haven't tried it on Droid X yet. Here's info: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/10377-droid-testing-screen.html Just dial *#*#4636#*#*
    Update: works on X

IF I KNOW CORPORATIONS
    And I think I do. This might just be a little scam to sell extended batteries. Call me crazy.
    The bug is so obvious that there's no way it could have passed quality assurance like this.
    If this bug is real--and most everyone says it is--then I call shenanigans on Motorola. And Verizon? And Google?
    The Droid 2 may have this problem too.

EASY WAY TO TURN STUFF OFF WHEN DONE

Longpress home screen to add a built-in widget called power control so you can toggle settings easily. Let's you change wifi, gps, bluetooth, sync, and brightness. Again, normally you SHOULD be able to leave this stuff on, but you can't now because of this bug we're talking about. If you want to shell out a little money, you can buy Tasker and set it up to toggle stuff automatically. However, all of this toggling won't solve the need to unplug and boot and reboot after charging.

What apps are you killing? Don't run a task killer!

Oh, it will definitely improve your battery life, but have you read through this thread? You might not need that battery because of some ridiculous bugs with the droid x software. For now there seem to be some pretty easy workarounds but we're all waiting for the software update when we'll be dancedroid

#85 aminaked, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Gebo

Gebo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    EXACTLY...how do you turn off your GPS. DO you go to "Location/settings" and uncheck "Use GPS Satellites" and "Enable Assisted GPS"?

DO I need to check "Use wireless network"?

3. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Member

Ratings:
    +0

Works on my X. Very cool!

4. datainmotion

datainmotion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really - which charger would that be??? The charger that ships with the Droid X puts out 5.1 VDC / 850mA. Come to think of it, just about all phones that can be charged via USB cable come with AC adapters with nearly the same spec of 5VDC out (+ or - .5V).

Maybe what you meant to say is that the AC charger will charge the battery faster? If so, that may be true as most O/S will "regulate" their USB to no more than 500 mA (although I use the term "regulate" loosely here as some USB devices have been known to draw in excess of 1A from a USB port).

#88 datainmotion, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  5. sh6ne

sh6ne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had horrendous battery life... with moderate use. barely browsing or watching videos... mostly texting... i was about to take this phone back seeing as how we've all been complaining for like a month with no solution.

well out of nowhere it seems like my phone has way better battery life... and keep in mind i bought this phone on launch day... part of me thinks we got a phantom update which fixed the issue, but what also could've helped it is...

on privacy in settings i un-checked use my location... my battery standby use went from killing like 50% of my phones battery to less than 20%.. and although i don't use the social networking widgets i turned off social networking sync and maybe that helped it as well.

edit** also uninstalled my task killer and that may have something to do with better battery life too.

#89 sh6ne, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  6. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about you guys, but my battery lasts as long as my Motorola Droid did. I have my battery profile set to performance and have 3 GMAIL accounts and 1 Corporate Exchange account using Touchdown email app. Are you guys using Facebook, twitter apps and have the refresh intervals very short?

Perhaps other apps with refresh intervals. I recommend checking every single app. Even Agenda widget that i use had it so it would check every 15 mins and I had to change it to check once a day 24/hrs. That's all i need. I think it's mostly user error and apps you use IMO unless you have a bad battery or a lemon of a phone.

7. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, this is part of the workaround we've been talking about for this entire thread.

And good call on uninstalling the task killer.

So what is your battery life? How many hours? Do you leave GPS turned off?

8. wmscottmc

wmscottmc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have something here. Ive tried a number of other things on this thread with no real results. UnChecking my location has made a difference.

So, what exactly does this option do? Is it required for GPS to function?
    Do you also have GPS turned off?

Thanks!

9. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +674
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Lets Google products IE Maps and the browser use you location from where your cell signal is being picked up. Does not necessarily use your GPS, but can if you have it turned on. I have it on and my cell standby is usually around 20%, but I keep my GPS turned off.

10. n0m0n

n0m0n Member

Ratings:
    +0

Where is the social networking sync option?

Thanks

11. sh6ne

sh6ne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    settings --> data manager --> data delivery --> social applications ...and then i checked sync over wifi only

12. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "no sleep" bug occurs sporadically. Sometimes your Running% will be high, sometimes not. I've listed the known workarounds so if you use them you should never see Running% be high even when the phone's been sleeping.

Search tags for this page
droid battery problems

droid x battery drain

droid x battery issues

droid x battery life problems

droid x battery problems

droid x battery upgrade
droid x poor battery life
droid x2 battery problems
motorola droid x battery problems
verizon droid battery problems