Droid X battery problems discovered!!!!!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah can't say if it is killing my battery or not I have been unplugged since 5am or so and I am still at 80 %. But when I dial in to check my battery usage it says phone runs 100% of the time.

avt123

Reaction score
5am and still at 80%? Well It's 10PM where I live and that is awesome battery life right there. Best I have gotten was I took it off the charger at 8am and put it on the charger the next day at 10:30am. Still had 20% left too.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah in Texas so 9:22 here, so yeah I have wifi turned off since 4pm so there rest of that time my phone was runnig 100 % so it might not be affecting battery life. Just a little weird they fix the gps issue to cause one with wifi.

avt123

Reaction score
There is always going to be a bug. I'm just happy it's nothing really serious.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Very true, maybe official release will be even better.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Syd, do you have some other app that's keeping your phone running? At least one other person on the other forum can't reproduce the 100% running thing with WIFI on 2.2

FIX FOR DROID X BATTERY DRAIN BUG RUNNING ANDROID 2.1:
phone settings > location & security > use network location > UNCHECK

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Um, its possible I guess. I have no widgets running, I have busy box, root explorer, cache mate, auto starts, atk, bar code scanner, nesoid, snesoid, wii controller, and paper toss. I checked and non of those programs are running, and that is within the droid program areas.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just weird since I turned wifi off, now my phone has only been running 12 % of the time as opposed to 100%.

akates

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it only continues to run when wifi is turned on but you are NOT connected to a network. When I'm in my house the phone is allowed to sleep, it's only when it's searching for wifi.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok I checked it this Am and my phone was only running 12% of the time, I think akates is right. There must have been something wrong with the WIFI connection the night before and it was searching for a signal all night. Still though I have been unplugged since 5am yesterday so going on 34 hours and I am still at 60 %. So I think we are good with this issue.

akates

Reaction score
So are you still finding that the phone is running when it's searching for wifi (ie. when you're not at home)? If so, is that gonna drain the battery or do I have to toggle wifi off when I leave the house?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well if that is what happened the other night while I was sleeping then yes. Both Wifi and Phone were at 100%. Last night they were low like 12 and 14, I always turn Wifi off when I leave the house, because it will keep trying to find signals.

akates

Reaction score
Mine seems to continue to keep both wifi on/running as well as the phone running but i've been on for 11 hours or so and i'm still only down to 60% so I guess I should just ignore the fact that it's "running" (still don't know why) and enjoy the pretty good battery life!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah, mine corrected itself I guess cause I have been connected to my wifi at work and still phone has only been running 9% of the time and wifi on is 45 and wifi running 14. And coming up on 40 hours since unplugged and down 50 % battery. Think 2.2 did something to make battery better, unless its just my extended getting better after a couple powe cycles.