Droid X Battery Life

TheJester34

Reaction score
I can usually get through my day (~8AM-12AM) with about 50% left. I don't use my phone while I sleep, so 50% when I go to bed is more than acceptable to me. If I abuse the thing (music, videos, etc), I generally have 20 to 30% left

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Attached below are 2 screenshots that I took earlier tonight
Bear in mind this is relatively light usage. Maybe 15 minutes worth of calls, 20-30 texts messages, a few app downloads/updates, maybe 1/2 hour of Pandora and some facebook time and minimal web browsing.

With 40% battery remaining, I had 1 day 20 hours on this charge. Probably would have made it close to 3 full days if I allowed it to go down to 5%

I don't use any widgets other than the power control bar. Battery profile is set to the "nighttime mode" or whatever its called. Midnight until 7a.m I have data turned off.

I am rooted (2.2 OTA) and I'm using setCPU profiles of
ondemand" governor and screenoff profile is 300min-600max.
Brightness is always set to minimum.

So you can see the battery and/or phone has the potential to last quite long. Of course your results will vary depending on your usage, but it is possible to go this long without a charge.

usb

Reaction score
For those of you getting 40 so hours, are you not using your phones??
I just for over 17 hours but I had the display on for 2.5 hours... If I barely used my phone would I be getting 40 hours? You guys are on the stock battery right?

spider210

Reaction score
Stock battery and about after 18 hrs of lots of use still at 40%. Nothing wrong with that I'm completely satisfied :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just for over 17 hours but I had the display on for 2.5 hours... If I barely used my phone would I be getting 40 hours? You guys are on the stock battery right?

I can easily get a full day out of my phone with moderate usage. Of course my definition of moderate and yours may differ, but for an example I send maybe 100 texts a day, 5-10 phone calls, and tons of email. I also listen to music, browse the web, and play games (games will destroy your battery). By COB (close of business) I have around 60% battery left.

Theres alot of factors with battery life. I only run 1 home screen, 1 widget (beautiful smaller weather widget - syncs every 3 hours) and my screen brightness is set to auto. I also have amazing coverage at work because of the verizon tower on the roof so the phone never searches for service. Wifi is always left on, GPS is on, Location on. You know what, Im going to do an indepth write up on battery performance tips ill update this post with a link in a few.

reef9

Reaction score

I .....You know what, Im going to do an indepth write up on battery performance tips ill update this post with a link in a few.

Good stuff... let us know :)

tomnationwide

Reaction score
Just an observation here but the display on mine tends to be the biggest drain. After updating to the 2.2 update my drain went through the roof and it was because of the Physx Live Wallpaper. Once I turned of Live Wallpapers it lasts a good while. Also City nights and some other live don't have near the drain so if you are experiencing battery drain check your live wallpapers they may be running very very deep and hogging battery

netsec

Reaction score
From my understanding lithium ion batteries are different in conditioning than the older nicads. I read an article on it that helped.

"Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one."

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I .....You know what, Im going to do an indepth write up on battery performance tips ill update this post with a link in a few.

Good stuff... let us know :)

Here we are... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ife-youve-got-questions-weve-got-answers.html

reef9

Reaction score
UPDATE ON MY SITUATION:

I was told VW was sending me a NEW replacement phone. Phone arrived and it was NOT new, it was re-certified. I called them and sent it back.

I told them that I wanted a new battery since it really leads to all conclusions that the battery is the culprit. They transferred me over the Moto CS and they sent me a new battery.

I am in the process now of testing it and hopefully i can have some good news.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
UPDATE ON MY SITUATION:

I was told VW was sending me a NEW replacement phone. Phone arrived and it was NOT new, it was re-certified. I called them and sent it back.

I told them that I wanted a new battery since it really leads to all conclusions that the battery is the culprit. They transferred me over the Moto CS and they sent me a new battery.

I am in the process now of testing it and hopefully i can have some good news.

Thats the same thing they did to me with my D1. They told me I would recieve a brand new device with a new battery. They sent me a CLNR with no battery. Decided to try it out anyways (worst mistake ever). Long story short, it didnt fix the battery issue, the CLNR ended up being a POS and I had 3 other CLNR phones afterwards. Thats actually how I ended up with my DX. They gave me an early upgrade because of the crappy CLNR devices they were sending out.

Win some, Lose some. Let us know what happens with the new battery. Sounds like it should solve the problem.