Droid X Battery compatibility (other phones?)

krazydan

Reaction score
Hey guys hopefully i can get a little assistance on this . . .

The Problem Quick: My droid X charging Port is crap. It quit working before for a few days then started working again. Its quit working again now and it been a week. I'm down to 20% and i'm having to turn it off unless making a call to conserve batt life. I have tried quite a few things to fix the situation with no prevail. Different chargers/types; ive even tried doing the USB direct battery connect (i know its not safe but im in a bad place) but it didnt work either.

I only have a few months until a free upgrade on it and the manufactures warranty has been up on it. I dont want to pay for a phone if im gonna get a fee one soon.

****So my question is there are any other cheaper phones, possibly even used that use the same battery so i can buy just to insert my battery into for charging purposes??? Or does anyone know a real way to charge a Droid X battery externally that will really work? Any help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks

droidx2.3.3

Reaction score
They make battery chargers. You just take that battery out and put it into the charger. Look on Amazon or even eBay. Just search like bh5x charger. Hope this helps.

OP
K

krazydan

Reaction score
They make battery chargers. You just take that battery out and put it into the charger. Look on Amazon or even eBay. Just search like bh5x charger. Hope this helps.

Oh they do, i was at the Verizon store today and the guy said they didnt have anything like that so i didnt search for it. Probably just wanted me to buy a new phone. I have found a few "one size fits all" battery chargers but i'm scared to try anything like that. Thanks for the quick reply!

OP
K

krazydan

Reaction score

I found it already and am about to order it. Thanks again! now the trick is to see if 20% will last untill i get it in the mail. That will be a task lol!

droidx2.3.3

Reaction score
krazydan said:
I found it already and am about to order it. Thanks again! now the trick is to see if 20% will last untill i get it in the mail. That will be a task lol!

Your welcome. I have one of them on hand in case I get dumb when flashing things and let my battery die. (Trying to sbf with a dead battery is a challenge, haha)

OP
K

krazydan

Reaction score
Your welcome. I have one of them on hand in case I get dumb when flashing things and let my battery die. (Trying to sbf with a dead battery is a challenge, haha)

I forgot to ask . . . does the one you have, have a battery indicator light or anything that tells you when its charged?