Droid X battery again???

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I leave my gps on all the time.. Here's my battery use. As you can see, I was on the phone A LOT. lol

Nice....two days is pretty sweet use. I am 10 hours in and down to 50 percent. Wifi and Gps off all day, quite a few txt and some email, a few market downloads and playing toss the paper for about 30 minutes and watching a little youtube video.

In another thread I think stryguy says he experimented and realized that he had to leave gps off. It's kind of a tricky bug because if you don't have any apps/widgets that use gps, you can leave gps on but you won't experience the battery drain.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I don't need GPS in town lived here for 26 years I can get anywhere I need and Google still picks up I am in Austin from cell network so I don't need it on at all. And wifi I only turn on at my house cause my coverage sucks there and the network extender only does voice. I have been pleased with battery life so far, as long as its get me through a whole day I am fine. Don't mind charging it at night while sleeping.

stryguy

Reaction score
I leave my gps on all the time.. Here's my battery use. As you can see, I was on the phone A LOT. lol

Nice....two days is pretty sweet use. I am 10 hours in and down to 50 percent. Wifi and Gps off all day, quite a few txt and some email, a few market downloads and playing toss the paper for about 30 minutes and watching a little youtube video.

In another thread I think stryguy says he experimented and realized that he had to leave gps off. It's kind of a tricky bug because if you don't have any apps/widgets that use gps, you can leave gps on but you won't experience the battery drain.

Yeah Aminaked is correct I leave my GPS off all the time. I screwed up the post that I said I left my GPS on all the time.. I meant Wifi. I do leave my wifi on nonstop

kbrosnihan

Reaction score
GPS or not, NO SLEEP

Im not sure I believe its the GPS causing the issue. After using Spare Parts, it appears that my phone never goes into Sleep mode. It is running 100% of the time no matter what and I get 5-6 hours of battery life tops with little use.
:icon_evil: Not thrilled. WTF VZW and MOTO? Let's get this fixed.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Im not sure I believe its the GPS causing the issue. After using Spare Parts, it appears that my phone never goes into Sleep mode. It is running 100% of the time no matter what and I get 5-6 hours of battery life tops with little use.
:icon_evil: Not thrilled. WTF VZW and MOTO? Let's get this fixed.

Try simply turning your GPS off and you will be amazed at how long the battery goes. The GPS is stopping the phone from going to sleep. I went from 5 hours or so of battery to roughly 18-20 hours just by turning off my GPS when not needed....

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
See this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html

In a nutshell, until the update on the droid x you should:
1) turn off gps when done using it
2) turn off wifi when done using it
3) reboot after charging

If cell standby is high call *228

I actually haven't had a chance to personally confirm the wifi and reboot after charge ideas but turning off gps and *228 did major things for me on droid x.

Last edited: