droid x Barnacle problem?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by e911, Jan 26, 2011.

1. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, ive rooted, and installed barnacle, however im having an interesting issue.

It constantly drops me off the wifi. about every 5 mins it will disconnect me. im new to droid after upgrading from blackberry tour, so forgive me if i'm n00bish, but thus far, i am in love with my droid x.dancedroid

Thanks for any advice or help. I'm not sure exactly what you guys need to better trouble shoot this.

I'm in an area with 100% signal coverage so i dont believe its a signal issue.

thanks!

2. want a droid

want a droid Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the tip. Sorry to have violated the rules :( That app seem's to be a bit above my current knowledge level of this new phone. I guess i will continue to deal with barnacle's issues until I can figure this phone out.

Thank you for the tip.

4. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    barnacle is just becoming so annoying with dropping the connection constantly :( I'm ready to toss my droid across the room its such a headache

5. ktech11

ktech11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had to give up on barnacle when I flashed to a custom rom, I now use Wireless Teether for Root Users, it works much better

I love cvpcs roms, I believe they have roms for droid x, check out wiki.ccroms.net. the phoenix dev team is taking up support.

Droid 1
    Saphire 2.0.2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Call me chicken or whatever, but im terrified of loading a custom rom and screwing up my only phone lol.

ive been tempted to try one of those programs to unload all the bloatware on my phone but hearing that u can brick ur phone has me a little worried.

sadly coming from a blackberry to a droid, it was so much easier to hack the blackberry's lol! but hearing how if you load a custom rom or delete bloatware voids your warranty and yadda yadda yadda, its like wtfrank do i do?!

the bloatware is eating the living daylights out of my battery, and with barnacle dropping my connection every 10 mins LIKE CLOCKWORK to the second, its getting very annoying.

7. ktech11

ktech11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine has one, and he just used one of the one click root tools. That makes it easier. You can then use TiBackup to remove those types of apps. It has a function to remove "special protected apps", then if you want a custom rom you can start with rom manager. But as long as your r careful, rooting is pretty staightforward.

8. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i bugged the daylights out of a friend who has rooted his droid, and he told me to use z4something or another which i did. but besides that i havent done anything! lol.

I will look into TiBackup.. hate how my battery dies in 5 hours or less even with the extended capacity battery :(

9. q6td

q6td New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Barnacle works really well for me. It used to drop my signal after ten minutes especially if I was inactive. There's a setting called lease time that's default to 600 seconds I changed mine to 1800 and now I'm good for 30 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

10. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm i think i might ahve just screwed up my phone :( i downloaded the titanium backup thing but couldnt figure out how to run the back up.. so i just deleted the amazon mp3 thing.. now i cant get it back..

11. ktech11

ktech11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The amazon mp3 should be available from the market, and if you are having issues with backup use ti backup to download busybox by using the "problems?" button.

12. e911

e911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i just have to make sure to install it again if i ever take my phone in for service?

whew! i wont panic so much now.. i used tibackup and did a full backup of the system apps.. the rest of the apps i can get again if i had to from the store thing..

Search tags for this page

barnacle lease time