Droid X bad display...help

fluxxy

Reaction score
So I've been using the docking station at night when I sleep for the alarm, and when i woke up yesterday morning, this is what I saw.

display1 Pictures, display1 Images, display1 Photos, display1 Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting - 1 (bad pic)

displaydrawer Pictures, displaydrawer Images, displaydrawer Photos, displaydrawer Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting - with app drawer open

I just wanna get opinions and make sure this isn't something I did before I try to warranty it.
After about an hour it seemed to work fine for the rest of the day, then again overnight, in the dock, I woke up to the messed up display again.
I haven't tryed a full wipe yet, do you think that would fix it anyway?
Thanks for your help.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Assuming that the docking station is a Motorola unit and that the charger and usb are also factory issue, I would try a factory hard reset. I say that because that is almost always one of the first things the customer service reps will ask you to do. If that doesn't cure this issue, then I'd contact Verizon.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

OP
F

fluxxy

Reaction score
I did a factory reset & it didn't fix it, Verizon easily replaced it under warranty, as long as you use the right terminology lol They want every screen issue to be a cracked screen, has to be vertical banding. Thanks for your help!