Droid X August 25th?

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
They emailed you on a Sunday?

You ordered on the 7th and got the email on the 15th.

I ordered on the 10th...so I should expect an email on the 18th. With the two day shipping option I had to take that should put the X at my house by the 20th. (Praying)

I am going to call on Tuesday the 17th if I don't get an email. That will be a week after ordering and probably a good time to call to see what lines they feed me.

Nology

Reaction score
I'm in NY. Ordered on the 13th and was told it would be shipped by the 25th. If you check the verizon site under my zip it says that its not shipping till the 30th.

bondsman

Reaction score
Here is what it said (minus my information). AND the tracking information is not available. Guess I will checking feverishly every hour until I know the exact delivery date.

Thank you for placing your order with Verizon Wireless. We wanted you to know that your Verizon Wireless order was shipped.
Tracking Your Order
If you'd like to track the progress of your shipment via FedEx, you'll find its current status at www.fedex.com/us.
Your tracking number is XXXXXXXXXX. Please note that tracking information may not be available immediately.

Nology

Reaction score
I am also grouped with the 25th date. I am not OK with a back order issue, this also happened with the Incredible. How can this company not prepare for the demand of these phones? No way this company would allow this to happen....... I am totally joining all the conspiracy theorists on this.

I am excited for the phone though, when ever the heck it arrives.

The company is fully prepared. These phones being out of stock is a proven marketing technique. If something is constantly sold out and on backorder then its a hot item making certain people want it even more. The nintento wii is a perfect example of this. It was sold out every time for years and people still fought in lines for it. Not many people around here have the droid x, iphone 4 etc. If they flooded the market with these and everyone had one it wouldn't be as cool. I want one because I'm using a storm one and I'm ready to set it on fire :)

twb136

Reaction score
Ordered on the 9th, also got the confirmation email this morning. Says to expect my shipment the 17th, I was told I would get my phone by the 25th.

OP
S

solidsnake4119

Reaction score
Finally got the email...... I ordered on the 7th online. Just got the email with FedEX tracking number. Excited now....

Mind I ask, what state are you in?

North Carolina

Hey Bondman. Guess what? :icon_ banana:

Mine shipped too! High five? Ordered August 7th in store. I'm surprised to see that I actually got an E-Mail from Verizon. I actually called Verizon and they even told me specifically they aren't going to send out E-Mails stating tracking numbers. I guess the CSR just didn't know what she was talking about.

Woot!

Christy552005

Reaction score
Here is what it said (minus my information). AND the tracking information is not available. Guess I will checking feverishly every hour until I know the exact delivery date.

Thank you for placing your order with Verizon Wireless. We wanted you to know that your Verizon Wireless order was shipped.
Tracking Your Order
If you'd like to track the progress of your shipment via FedEx, you'll find its current status at www.fedex.com/us.
Your tracking number is XXXXXXXXXX. Please note that tracking information may not be available immediately.

You give me hope!!! I too ordered on the 7th but in store and no email yet. :(
Where do you live?

Edit: sorry I see the above post says you are from NC.

Last edited:

JCwell84

Reaction score
Mind I ask, what state are you in?

North Carolina

Hey Bondman. Guess what? :icon_ banana:

Mine shipped too! High five? Ordered August 7th in store. I'm surprised to see that I actually got an E-Mail from Verizon. I actually called Verizon and they even told me specifically they aren't going to send out E-Mails stating tracking numbers. I guess the CSR just didn't know what she was talking about.

Woot!

Lucky... I ordered in store on the 7th also..no email yet. I'm in Vegas. Hopefully I will get a email soon. Let us know if it was worth the wait when u get it.

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Just called VZW...here is what I learned. It is about payment date, not order date.

I was told the following "If your payment for your X was received on the 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th our phones will ship no later than the 25th." The 7th-10th is a batch shipment. Then 11th-15th...ect. That is how vzw is grouping the ship by dates.

Orders placed on the early days are more likely to be shipped first (obviously).

So...If people who paid on the 7th are getting emails today, the 15th saying the 18th as delivery date we can comfortably assume the following.

Payment--Email--Delivery
7th--15th--18th (Wednesday)
8th--16th--19th (Thursday)
9th--17th--20th (Friday)
10th--18th--23rd (Monday)