Droid X Armband???

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by jrUTlaw, Jul 16, 2010.

1. SingingSabre

SingingSabre Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. atcan7486

atcan7486 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. canoefoot

canoefoot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    condensation problems?

After going through the thread, I see a lot of great options, but still curious about condensation and damage to my DX. Here in Nebraska it is muggy 3 out of 4 seasons. Humidity + sweat = soggy phone /nervous runner.
    Really looking at the droid arm band. looks nice and thin. Would like to know if it is truly a 'full operation in case' case...

4. sdbroker

sdbroker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just received my arm band case from

Droid Armband :: Run & Walk with your Droid X, Droid 2 and Droid Incredible!

and it appears to be everything I was looking for. $22.90 shipped to your door in about 3 days. Droid X does fit tight and you can still use your controls. I was just back from a run when I saw it was here, the next test will be to see if I like something on my arm.

I also have the Motorola S10-HD bluetooth headphones to use with it, should be interesting to see if this setup really works. I would enjoy being able to go for a run and still be working my job!

5. Jackseric

Jackseric New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Tune Belt Thumbs Up

OK, got a Tune Belt from Amazon for my wife and I both, a few weeks ago.

Here are my opinions/review:
    • It's a tight fit... just how it should be for athletic activity.
    • The build quality feels pretty solid... more solid than anything else I've seen out there.
    • BUY the armband extension. No, I said BUY IT!
    • The window is not an EXACT fit, but damn close. I'm happy with it.
    • FORGET about keeping your hard/gel case on. It ain't gonna work!
    • Did I mention buying the armband extender? I have skinny to medium sized arms, and I'm fine with it, but wish I had bought the extender just for ease of taking it on/off while sliding it over my shirt.
    It's not perfect, but closer to it than any of the others I've checked out. For $20 with the extender, I don't think you're going to find anything better!

Eric

6. travisn000

travisn000 Member

Ratings:
    +0

This may be an option...

Motorola Droid X Waterproof Case Motorola Droid X Accessories

EDIT:

Here is another source:
    http://www.techiewarehouse.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=DryCase

#42 travisn000, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  7. BluSqrrl

BluSqrrl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does it need to be an ARM band?

I, too, bought the tune belt arm band, and I am less than enamored with it. I wanted something to wear when I ran outside, both to play music and to connect to my favorite running site. But the sun glaring off of the plastic cover of the tune belt made it impossible to see, and having it on your upper arm means you almost have to take it off to operate it anyway. By accident, I found the ultimate (for me) way around this.

By chance, I had an Amphipod hydration belt laying around. In addition to detachable water bottles, this thing has a velcro closing pouch that is the perfect size for my Droidx! In the mesh pocket of the pouch, the bluetooth is able to communicate with the headphones and the GPS can make contact with the satellites. It is easy to remove from the pouch to mark laps, change playlists, etc.

If you go this route, I totally recommend Zagg's Invisible Shield. That improves the grip to the point where you don't need to worry about it slipping through your fingers when you take it out.

8. lancedirk13

lancedirk13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really wish I could find one that would secure around my forearm. Would make operating the phone a breeze while running.

I did buy the Tune Belt at Academy Sports and it was OK at best. As another poster said, the plastic made it near impossible to even see the screen in the daytime. Trying for a quick fix, I cut out the plastic and now my phone won't stay in it. I'm stupid.

9. BluSqrrl

BluSqrrl New Member

Ratings:
    +0

10. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I have that one, and it doesn't fit the DX well, at least not without stretching it, and that's without a case. In 4 months time, I have worn it out to the point I had to repair it (sewed it bk together and had to replace the velcro that the flap uses to close it). I work in a warehouse so it's not a big deal for me, but i would not recommend this to anyone else for a DX. D1, D@, D2G, sure. It fits them without stretching and with a case on.

11. Gritwater

Gritwater Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While driving my jeep...I listen to my music through bluetooth. I rest my dx on my right leg. Its accesible and "safe" from going out the side where I have no doors on. I want to secure it to my leg with a band like this. Ever since Iron Eagle in the 80s I've wanted to do this. Lol

texting and driving on my Droid X...thanks tapatalk

12. xiphonefan

xiphonefan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good news, Armpocket is launching a Droid X armband

Just wanted to share the latest news... The armband I used for my iPhone (before Droid X) was the best sport armband ever - used it for about 2 years - and still good, but my model does not fit my new phone. Called the guys to see if they could help, and they are coming out with a new model for the Droid X, it's the Xtreme i-30, available by mid-May. I'm on their distribution list so I'll post again when it's available. I love my current Armpocket, it's water-resistant, doesn't slip on the arm, has full screen access and just very comfortable (cushioned with memory foam I think). I wash it, and it's like new. And they offer multiple colors and strap sizes.
    Here's a link www.armpocket.com

Search tags for this page
armband for droid
armband for droid x
armband holder for droid x
armpocket xtreme i-30 coupon
droid armband
droid razr armband target

droid x armband

droid x armband case
waterproof motorola droid armband
where can i buy a droid armband