Droid X Armband???

RemyL75

Reaction score
Motorola armband for the ipod

I dont have my DX yet to verify, but measuring the case itself, it should hold an item that is 5.5 inch tall by just under 3 inch wide and with elastic sides and a velcro top can be adjusted down easily. Has worked great holding my ipod classic during workouts, expecting the same great results with my DX assuming it really does fit.

I have that one, and it doesn't fit the DX well, at least not without stretching it, and that's without a case. In 4 months time, I have worn it out to the point I had to repair it (sewed it bk together and had to replace the velcro that the flap uses to close it). I work in a warehouse so it's not a big deal for me, but i would not recommend this to anyone else for a DX. D1, D@, D2G, sure. It fits them without stretching and with a case on.

Gritwater

Reaction score
While driving my jeep...I listen to my music through bluetooth. I rest my dx on my right leg. Its accesible and "safe" from going out the side where I have no doors on. I want to secure it to my leg with a band like this. Ever since Iron Eagle in the 80s I've wanted to do this. Lol

texting and driving on my Droid X...thanks tapatalk

xiphonefan

Reaction score
good news, Armpocket is launching a Droid X armband

Just wanted to share the latest news... The armband I used for my iPhone (before Droid X) was the best sport armband ever - used it for about 2 years - and still good, but my model does not fit my new phone. Called the guys to see if they could help, and they are coming out with a new model for the Droid X, it's the Xtreme i-30, available by mid-May. I'm on their distribution list so I'll post again when it's available. I love my current Armpocket, it's water-resistant, doesn't slip on the arm, has full screen access and just very comfortable (cushioned with memory foam I think). I wash it, and it's like new. And they offer multiple colors and strap sizes.
Here's a link www.armpocket.com

Natey2

Reaction score
No offense intended, but is the cellphone armband the pocket protector of the 2010s? :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

S

SingingSabre

No offense intended, but is the cellphone armband the pocket protector of the 2010s? :)

:laugh:

It keeps my hands free to carry leashes and dog crap while I take them for a run. I don't wear it to be cool or attractive, I wear it for functionality.

wuxgieb

Reaction score
Tune Belt AB84 works pretty well

Tune Belt just came out with a new armband that's a little bit bigger (AB84). I've got a hard case on my Droid X, and it fits well in this armband. I sweat a lot, and sweat tends to creep in around the edges of the armband, so I wrap my phone in a plastic sandwich baggie, and it still fits nicely in the AB84. I guess it's personal opinion, but for me the plastic cover of the armband doesn't affect visibility that much.

S

SingingSabre

Tune Belt just came out with a new armband that's a little bit bigger (AB84). I've got a hard case on my Droid X, and it fits well in this armband. I sweat a lot, and sweat tends to creep in around the edges of the armband, so I wrap my phone in a plastic sandwich baggie, and it still fits nicely in the AB84. I guess it's personal opinion, but for me the plastic cover of the armband doesn't affect visibility that much.

Awesome tip, thank you!

mouten57

Reaction score
SpiBelt!!!

Hey guys i created an account to spread the word about the spibelt. i was looking for something to carry my brick of a phone (droid x) while i exercised and somehow stumbled across the spibelt. took it for a run today while using cardiotrainer and it was freakin awesome. there was no movement and volume buttons were still easily accessible.

anyone looking to go on runs/bike rides/hikes/jumproping/ anything! with a big smart phone should try the spibelt.

ps. if you sweat alot like me, they have a water resistant model which i got. after running today in hot weather i took my phone out and there was no moisture at all.

i kno this may sound like a fake infomercial line but seriously the spibelt is pretty awesome...just tryin to help!!!!

update* i just realized i didnt even tell you what the spibelt is. its an elastic belt that you wear with a pouch that stretches to hold items while your running. created by a marathon runner i believe. like a fannypack but more badass.

Beka27

Reaction score
Mouten... which model of spibelt did you get? I went on that site and there are lots of them on there... which one is waterproof and fits the DX?

mouten57

Reaction score
Beka,

I got the water resistant model. Its about 24 dollars I believe.

Beka27

Reaction score
COOL! After spending the last 20 minutes or so reading online reviews, I just ordered the water resistant one about 5 minutes ago! My husband has been on a health/exercise kick lately and is doing a lot of working out and walking/jogging. He uses his phone for music and CardioTrainer/GPS.

Just last week he was caught in a sudden downpour and had to try to shield his DX while running back to the car. He doesn't like armbands, so he's been putting his phone in the pocket of his workout shorts, but then the one side is weighed down. I think this will work so well for him!

He has also been doing some smaller races (2k-4k) so I think this would be great for his phone, ID, and car key!

:)

I can't wait to surprise him with it!

"Honey! I got you a fanny pack!"

LOL!!!!

(Thank you so much for the "infomercial"... When you know a good product, it's important to share!)

mouten57

Reaction score
Haha yes i think this will be perfect for him too. Im so happy that u found my post useful. I spent hours looking fors omething to hold my x and I finally found this thing. The coolest thing is when u put it on you forget that its there because its so comfortable.

Beka27

Reaction score
A head's up for anyone else... I did a coupon code search for the Spibelt... I found a code for 15% off (which came to $3.60 savings on the $24 belt). And the 7-day shipping was free, so I paid $20 and change for it!

xiphonefan

Reaction score
best armband for Droid X

Promised to get back to you when I received my Armpocket Xtreme i30.
The Droid X fits perfectly, and it doesn't slide on the arm (they have 2 strap sizes). There is plenty of room inside it, and it does not look bulky at all.
It's water/sweat resistant. I've used it a couple of times, and like their other models, they are so extremely comfortable, that you don't even feel it's on your arm.
They made a big deal about it at the Seattle Rock 'n Roll marathon expo last week. The price was $34.95, which is not bad - the last armband I bought from them (for my iPhone), has lasted a year so far. Found a free shipping coupon code, EARTH11
www.armpocket.com

rockybear

Reaction score
I have the same as xiphonefan and like it. One complaint I have is the headset jack on my Droid X is on the top of the phone but the slot they have for it is at the bottom of the case. No big issue just close the double zippers around the headphones at the top.