Droid X Armband???

Kandiru

Reaction score
Last edited:

kstatenupe

Reaction score
ziplock baggie and some ducktape?

The rubber based adhesive layer of the duct tape may be a carcinogen.

Remember Uncle Ian in "Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakel" doing the Single Ladies dance at the end of the movie? He also used DT.

I ordered this $6 POS, after all i won't be jogging to impress the MILFs around the hood:
C6 Sports Armband Case For Sprint HTC EVO 4G Cell Phone - eBay (item 110572425792 end time Sep-10-10 23:57:08 PDT)

Ok and how well was the fit? do you have a case on your DX? I have the Rocket fish hardcase.

Kandiru

Reaction score
ziplock baggie and some ducktape?

The rubber based adhesive layer of the duct tape may be a carcinogen.

Remember Uncle Ian in "Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakel" doing the Single Ladies dance at the end of the movie? He also used DT.

I ordered this $6 POS, after all i won't be jogging to impress the MILFs around the hood:
C6 Sports Armband Case For Sprint HTC EVO 4G Cell Phone - eBay (item 110572425792 end time Sep-10-10 23:57:08 PDT)

Ok and how well was the fit? do you have a case on your DX? I have the Rocket fish hardcase.

Thanks for the tip on the case, i just posted about the poor imitation leather quality on the Amzer "Leather" Snapon:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-edition-elite-leather-snap.html#post738825

Is the Rocket fish rubberized? If yes, it will be hard to fit into the Luxmo LPHTCD2LU4HBK case.

Last edited:

kstatenupe

Reaction score
Tune Belt Sport Armband for HTC EVO 4G, Droid Incredible and more (fits larger smartphones and iPhones in protective cases like iPhone 4 in Bumper case)

Official Website:
http://tunebelt.com

Just ordered mine. I will let you know.

EDIT:
From the Amazon page:
Designed to fit HTC EVO 4G, Droid X and other smartphones over 4.5" long

***EDIT***

Ok, so I got the armband and overall it is pretty good. It's not spectacular but it's pretty good. The only major complaint that I have is that the slot that the phone goes in at the top doesn't velcro shut or something. Probably ok since the phone goes in fairly firmly. The armband fits over my arm fairly well and I am 6' tall around 200 lbs with 15% body fat. Someone who is much larger than me would need to get the arm band extender as the velcro was reaching close to the end with only about 2" left to extend and it was fairly snug on my arm.

Here is a pic with my Droid X in the armband:

cimg0130c.jpg

YES:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

SOLVED--for me at least.

This one fits the Droid X perfectly, has a pocket, and is thick enough to keep the sweat away during a workout. ;-)

Motorola Droid X Arm Band Case (armband) (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.

NO:icon_ nono2:

brons

Reaction score
Give this one a shot? Slimmer than some of the others ive seen but definitely large enough since its made for the Evo. Ive not seen it in person but it looks ok from the site. Give it a shot, let me know!

www.evoarmband.com

liferefugee

Reaction score
Motorola armband for the ipod

I dont have my DX yet to verify, but measuring the case itself, it should hold an item that is 5.5 inch tall by just under 3 inch wide and with elastic sides and a velcro top can be adjusted down easily. Has worked great holding my ipod classic during workouts, expecting the same great results with my DX assuming it really does fit.

jlellenwood

Reaction score
Arm band by Cellet

i was told by a verizon retailer that the company Cellet makes one "for" the droid.

As soon as they call me to pick it up i will post whether or not it actually works for the droid

previous experience with this company, however, doesnt make me very happy.

will keep everyone posted

Cunorix

Reaction score
Receiving my Tune belt in a few days. I'll let you guys know how it holds up.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Well now that I have my DX I can say for sure... the Motorola armband I posted earlier fits the DX with or without a silocone case around it. It fits nice and snug, the only downside is that you can not interact with the screen while it is in the pocket. So if your like me and just set the music and go, using a bluetooth headset to control the music its a good armband. If you want to be able to do more, then one of the ones with the open face would be better. I like mine because I know there is no part of it that can rip (like a plastic face) and the velcro that holds the pocket to the armband is very strong.

V1king

Reaction score
I got the Tune Belt after reading the reviews here. As mentioned earlier it is a little small--about a half an inch too small. Because of this, the bottom edge of the belt covers the physical buttons on the Droid, making them a little hard to press. I also agree that the arm strap is short. I have pretty average size arms and there is only a couple of inches of spare strap. And finally, the hole at the bottom for headphone access is a little off. Sometimes the jack pinches a little bit of arm band foam when I am pushing it in.

That said, the Tune Belt holds the Droid securely and comfortably, and I have only noticed a little bit of moisture inside it on longer runs (~10 miles). It does the job adequately until something else comes out that is made specifically for the Droid X.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
slightly off-topic.....

but funny!

(and a great song!)

[video=youtube;kda8XI3i7ec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kda8XI3i7ec]YouTube - when ipad met armband[/video]

we can all use this idea for verizon's next great phone!