Droid X Armband???

jrUTlaw

Reaction score
Does anyone know if and where i can buy an armband to workout with that will fit my Droid X? I just gave my wife the old ipod touch and armband. Thanks to the X I can finally consolidate lol.

xious

Reaction score
I haven't seen any accessories like that yet for the Droid X, but I'm sure they're coming soon. However, for the mean time, I would say any accessory that would fit an HTC Evo would also fit the Droid X. So you might want to check those out.

Just an idea.

X

OP
J

jrUTlaw

Reaction score
I tried to put my Droid X in my iPhone/iPod touch armband and it would not fit. I've searched online but even the armbands for Evo 4G are too small according to the dimensions, and I haven't been able to find any armbands for the Incredible yet. I'll keep looking...

EDIT: I found this armband that looks promising as far as fit goes...It says that it is 6" tall, which should cover the Droid X even with my case on it (hopefully). Let me know what you think.
http://www.target.com/TG4072BK-Sportline-Armband-Music-Holder/dp/B00254BLY8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&qid=1279334054&frombrowse=0&fromGsearch=true&node=1038576|1287991011&keywords=armband&searchSize=30&id=TG4072BK%20Sportline%20Armband%20Music%20Holder&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchRank=target104545&sr=1-3&searchPage=1&rh=

EDIT AGAIN: I bought this armband at Target (in the Sporting Goods section rather than Electronics with the other armbands) and tried it out today. It is made very well, but the Droid X is too big for it, even without a case on it. I squeezed it into the armband and almost 1 inch still hangs out, but it is very snug so I don't think it will fall out. I'm hoping that someone makes an armband for the Droid X soon, but until then I'll keep using this one.

Last edited:

pir800

Reaction score
I'm going to try and see if I can find one at a target to see if it will fit. I want an arm band too to use with runstar and some tunes when I'm out for a jog.

rhasselbaum

Reaction score
Any more updates on this? I'm very interested in an armband to fit the Droid X. Googling for "droid x armband" turns up a few shopping results, but when you click through, they all look like they're for the original Droid.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
my blackberry storm armband works surprisingly, the top of it is neoprene so its stretches tall enough to cover the top of the X.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

Doyer

Reaction score
Arkon makes an armband:
sm-armband.jpg

It slides in the pocket and sticks out a little bit, but it's snug and shouldn't fall out. You can cut a slit at the top so that the lip holds the phone, if you want.

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Motorola Droid X, Droid, and Devour
Products> Accessories> scroll down

kodiakmax

Reaction score
I modified one from OIC that I had that I used to use with my Zune 80gig. It's neoprene so streches to fit the phone. I just cut out the window for a little easier access to the touch screen. The top of the phone sticks out a little but it's snug enough that I don't worry. Then I attached it to the shoulder strap of my Stealth CamelBak and I'm set.

Mr. Q

Reaction score
lmao i like how we're all ghetto-rigging our previous accessories to fit this monster.
i'm using a belt clip to secure the x to my waist and using my shorts to cinch the phone so it doesn't fall when i run. it works, haha.
this link for the ebay auction looks promising. i don't like armbands for phones this heavy though...

kodiakmax

Reaction score
Yeah, I find it kind of humorous that they advertise and push Runstar and there are no sport straps to carry it. Another problem I have is that pretty much all armbands are design for larger people. For us skinny types (like a lot of runners) the armbands don't get small enough :p

Kandiru

Reaction score
lmao i like how we're all ghetto-rigging our previous accessories to fit this monster.
i'm using a belt clip to secure the x to my waist and using my shorts to cinch the phone so it doesn't fall when i run. it works, haha.
this link for the ebay auction looks promising. i don't like armbands for phones this heavy though...

Funny, i use a One Touch Ultra Mini glucometer pouch, fits perfect on my belt, had to remove the plastic holder with a #11 blade. I have about 10 $3-5 leather belt clip horizontal and vertical magnetic closure and slide-in pouches from ebay HK on their way.

j35u5fr34k

Reaction score
This armband claims to fit Droid X and smartphones over 4.5"

Tune Belt Sport Armband for HTC EVO 4G, Droid Incredible and more (fits larger smartphones and iPhones in protective cases like iPhone 4 in Bumper case)

Official Website:
http://tunebelt.com

Just ordered mine. I will let you know.

EDIT:
From the Amazon page:
Designed to fit HTC EVO 4G, Droid X and other smartphones over 4.5" long

***EDIT***

Ok, so I got the armband and overall it is pretty good. It's not spectacular but it's pretty good. The only major complaint that I have is that the slot that the phone goes in at the top doesn't velcro shut or something. Probably ok since the phone goes in fairly firmly. The armband fits over my arm fairly well and I am 6' tall around 200 lbs with 15% body fat. Someone who is much larger than me would need to get the arm band extender as the velcro was reaching close to the end with only about 2" left to extend and it was fairly snug on my arm.

Here is a pic with my Droid X in the armband:

cimg0130c.jpg

Last edited: