Droid X Armband???

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by jrUTlaw, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jrUTlaw

jrUTlaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if and where i can buy an armband to workout with that will fit my Droid X? I just gave my wife the old ipod touch and armband. Thanks to the X I can finally consolidate lol.

2. xious

xious Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen any accessories like that yet for the Droid X, but I'm sure they're coming soon. However, for the mean time, I would say any accessory that would fit an HTC Evo would also fit the Droid X. So you might want to check those out.

Just an idea.

X

3. jrUTlaw

jrUTlaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to put my Droid X in my iPhone/iPod touch armband and it would not fit. I've searched online but even the armbands for Evo 4G are too small according to the dimensions, and I haven't been able to find any armbands for the Incredible yet. I'll keep looking...

EDIT: I found this armband that looks promising as far as fit goes...It says that it is 6" tall, which should cover the Droid X even with my case on it (hopefully). Let me know what you think.
    http://www.target.com/TG4072BK-Sportline-Armband-Music-Holder/dp/B00254BLY8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&qid=1279334054&frombrowse=0&fromGsearch=true&node=1038576|1287991011&keywords=armband&searchSize=30&id=TG4072BK%20Sportline%20Armband%20Music%20Holder&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchRank=target104545&sr=1-3&searchPage=1&rh=

EDIT AGAIN: I bought this armband at Target (in the Sporting Goods section rather than Electronics with the other armbands) and tried it out today. It is made very well, but the Droid X is too big for it, even without a case on it. I squeezed it into the armband and almost 1 inch still hangs out, but it is very snug so I don't think it will fall out. I'm hoping that someone makes an armband for the Droid X soon, but until then I'll keep using this one.

#3 jrUTlaw, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  4. pir800

pir800 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to try and see if I can find one at a target to see if it will fit. I want an arm band too to use with runstar and some tunes when I'm out for a jog.

5. rhasselbaum

rhasselbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any more updates on this? I'm very interested in an armband to fit the Droid X. Googling for "droid x armband" turns up a few shopping results, but when you click through, they all look like they're for the original Droid.

6. sonicxtacy02

sonicxtacy02 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    my blackberry storm armband works surprisingly, the top of it is neoprene so its stretches tall enough to cover the top of the X.

7. rhasselbaum

rhasselbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you post a link? Thanks.

8. sonicxtacy02

sonicxtacy02 Member

Ratings:
    +1
  9. Doyer

Doyer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. kodiakmax

kodiakmax New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I modified one from OIC that I had that I used to use with my Zune 80gig. It's neoprene so streches to fit the phone. I just cut out the window for a little easier access to the touch screen. The top of the phone sticks out a little but it's snug enough that I don't worry. Then I attached it to the shoulder strap of my Stealth CamelBak and I'm set.

11. Mr. Q

Mr. Q New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lmao i like how we're all ghetto-rigging our previous accessories to fit this monster.
    i'm using a belt clip to secure the x to my waist and using my shorts to cinch the phone so it doesn't fall when i run. it works, haha.
    this link for the ebay auction looks promising. i don't like armbands for phones this heavy though...

12. kodiakmax

kodiakmax New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I find it kind of humorous that they advertise and push Runstar and there are no sport straps to carry it. Another problem I have is that pretty much all armbands are design for larger people. For us skinny types (like a lot of runners) the armbands don't get small enough :p

Search tags for this page
armband for droid
armband for droid x
armband holder for droid x
armpocket xtreme i-30 coupon
droid armband
droid razr armband target

droid x armband

droid x armband case
waterproof motorola droid armband
where can i buy a droid armband