Droid X Antenna Rig

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Well I can't deny your ambition, that's for sure..... Kudos!!

One thing though... I hope you don't plan on flying with your phone. If TSA doesn't lock up you, the Air Marshall will surely climb up your ass with that thing in your hand. Lol.

Seriously though. Hell of a job.

:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
ha ha very true they would be all over you brother! that does look like some kinda detonation device! have you used it in public? have you got any crazy looks?

rudydroid

Reaction score
nice project.
this is the kind of thing they really like on life hacker.
also, you might try some of the radio apps in the market. they pull in stations from around the world, and have search functions. of course, you use more data.
wish I was as inventive.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I know. I've refined it a bit. But it does ok. About the same reception as using a wire antenna with separated ground. TSA would have a field day. Smart phone with 4 ft antenna. Lol. I use the stock fm radio app.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
haha this is great for one i find it funny no offence and two good job never even would have thought to do this but wouldnt really want to but i give u props :)

Not at all. It doesn't look
Great but it also doesn't look junky. Because it's all black no one really notices .

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
nice project.
this is the kind of thing they really like on life hacker.
also, you might try some of the radio apps in the market. they pull in stations from around the world, and have search functions. of course, you use more data.
wish I was as inventive.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

If there is a radio app. I probably have it. I wish there was a shortwave radio app. Internet of course. It wouldn't be the same as DXing with a real sw radio.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
How's the performance antenna closed vs extended?

(just now getting around to answering some of these questions.) If antenna is completely retracted signal is next to nothing. But raised even a few sections. 1 ft at most. Signal is about the same.

As far as splitting. This could easily be added to the case. Have a 3.5 mm jack on the side and still split off to the antenna.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I will be updating this thread soon. I've since flashed the Nightly CM7 (Cyanogen Mod 7) on my Droid X. I also installed a great app called Spirit FM Radio. [APP] Spirit FM Radio (real radio TI/Broadcom) - xda-developers
It's a full featured FM Radio app WITH FULL RDS Decoding support. Stereo/Mono output and BLUETOOTH support.

I highly recommend it. This may be an endorsement of a kind. But this app blows the Motorola STOCK BLUR FM App out of the water.

For RDS fans. It supports. PTY, PI Code, US and UK 5Khz Stepping. PS , RT numeric signal meter.

The app is very low cost for such great features!

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
xmguy: have you got the sprit fm app running on a stock Bionic?

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
xmguy: have you got the sprit fm app running on a stock Bionic?

Yes i do. It's rooted however. Works great.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
We have a MacGyver in the Ranks! ha

Ha Ha! Just give me a pencil and a battery and I can make a radio transmitter. Remember invention is the mother of necessity.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!