Droid X Android 2.2 Release Coming Soon

fishstick600

Reaction score
Do i need to uninstall all my apps? Im unrooted. And also when the official update comes out how do i install it crs the leak version?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bigd73

Reaction score
This is not a ROM. It is the Update that has been leaked. The official OTA update will not be coming out until September. If you want to install this update, you're going to have to unroot and load all of the original stock apps back on it. It will come in the format of update.zip and install just like the official update would have.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm not sure how it's misleading?

1. The Froyo update is coming soon (Less then 24 hours according to p3)

2. I made sure to make a note at the bottom it wasn't the official release from Motorola / Verizon.

Well, the title of this article was DEFINITELY misleading. You made it seem like an official Verizon build would be pushed out soon.
i dnt think there would be a difference between official and leaked lol

B

budmonster

In less then 24 hours Droid X Owners will have a much awaited Android upgrade available thanks to the crew at MyDroidWorld.com. We can't wait to see the speed improvements Froyo brings to the X. We are also crossing our fingers that flash might be included as well. More information coming, so stay tuned!

Keep up the good work P3Droid!
Source: MyDroidWorld - Droid X: Be Ready- less than 24hrs

Note: This is not the official update from Motorola/Verizon

Is their anyway to get this lock screen on the Droid? The sliders and the date/time in the middle off the screen?

Stang68

Reaction score
This is not a ROM. It is the Update that has been leaked. The official OTA update will not be coming out until September. If you want to install this update, you're going to have to unroot and load all of the original stock apps back on it. It will come in the format of update.zip and install just like the official update would have.

Very ****ing cool. Do we know how final this build is? Or, as you may have said, is it actually the final one?

bigd73

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it's misleading?

1. The Froyo update is coming soon (Less then 24 hours according to p3)

2. I made sure to make a note at the bottom it wasn't the official release from Motorola / Verizon.

Well, the title of this article was DEFINITELY misleading. You made it seem like an official Verizon build would be pushed out soon.
i dnt think there would be a difference between official and leaked lol
This unofficial update will probably be missing some of the last minute fixes that Motorola is working on. I.E. The exchange issues and maybe the speaker volume issue.

Stang68

Reaction score
I guess one of the better questions would be (since I know everyone will ask it), If I do this update.zip when it leaks, will I still be able to get the 2.2 OTA from Verizon when it pushes?

bigd73

Reaction score
I guess one of the better questions would be (since I know everyone will ask it), If I do this update.zip when it leaks, will I still be able to get the 2.2 OTA from Verizon when it pushes?
Absolutely. If the OTA is a newer version than what you have on your phone, it should download and install the official update.

Stang68

Reaction score
Absolutely. If the OTA is a newer version than what you have on your phone, it should download and install the official update.

Sounds about right :) Thanks

Now we wait.

Dancing banana! :icon_ banana:

fishstick600

Reaction score

Im NOT rooted. And i read you don't need to be rooted for this leak version. So my questions are do i need to do a reset to install the leak and when the official ota comes out how would i install the official over the leak.

bigd73

Reaction score

Im NOT rooted. And i read you don't need to be rooted for this leak version. So my questions are do i need to do a reset to install the leak and when the official ota comes out how would i install the official over the leak.

If you did not root your phone and delete any apps, then you will have no problem updating the phone with this update. P3Droid will release a link, and I'm sure it will be posted all over the internet in 10 minutes, where you can download the update.zip file on your phone and just in install it with a file explorer app. It's going to be that easy. There is even rumor that this update will be already rooted. ;)

W

warp

That's good because I don't wanna root my X at the moment. Only reason I rooted my D1 was to make it as fast as I wanted but the X is fast enough out of the box. :)

fishstick600

Reaction score

If you did not root your phone and delete any apps, then you will have no problem updating the phone with this update. P3Droid will release a link, and I'm sure it will be posted all over the internet in 10 minutes, where you can download the update.zip file on your phone and just in install it with a file explorer app. It's going to be that easy. There is even rumor that this update will be already rooted. ;)

Sry to make u repeat urself i didn't see the other posts. XD