Droid X Android 2.2 (Froyo) Update Ready

zodder

Reaction score
I'm just curious, would people have been so negative if Motorola hadn't said anything at all about updating to 2.2 and then one day just sent out a press release saying they were starting to update "tomorrow"? Is it the wait, the false rumors, or the need for new features that has our world up in arms?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm just curious, would people have been so negative if Motorola hadn't said anything at all about updating to 2.2 and then one day just sent out a press release saying they were starting to update "tomorrow"? Is it the wait, the false rumors, or the need for new features that has our world up in arms?

I had the first Android phone, the t-mobile g1, and I had no idea the first update was supposed to come out. I was at a party and got the push notification. I downloaded it and installed it and couldn't believe that they'd added the touch keyboard and video capture for the camera and other things.

Ignorance really IS bliss. If you don't know it's eventually coming, you have nothing to worry about waiting for.

Emitted from X.

ben.keen

Reaction score

For me, it is the new features. I'm not "up in arms" over the delay of the release. I rather wait for a release to be fully tested and after the mess that occured during the D1's update that I read about on here, hopefully Moto and VZW have all the bugs worked out. I think the other thing that may of gotten people mad is that when this device was announced, Moto and VZW made a big deal about 2.2 coming to the device shortly following the release of the device and in the greater few of things, a few months for an update to come out is not that bad. I support all the mobile communications for my company and we have many people using a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on T-Mobile and that device is still running 4.6! Now that is a delay in an update LOL.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Will this update come straight to the phone or do we have to go to the whole menu> settings>about phone>system updates route??

newtodroidx

Reaction score
because my system updates things is messed up I think everytime I go to check for updates instead of saying no updates available or you have the latest version it says check for updates was not available at this time tr again later. So I am just hoping it will come to the phone and I don't have to go the other route.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
because my system updates things is messed up I think everytime I go to check for updates instead of saying no updates available or you have the latest version it says check for updates was not available at this time tr again later. So I am just hoping it will come to the phone and I don't have to go the other route.

You'll get a notificationtion when it's pushed to your phone, but anyone who goes the settings route will most likely get it sooner according to vzw. I saw info in addition to the tweet I quoted earlier that said it'll roll out in a matter of weeks if you don't check for it manually.

Emitted from X.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
I would love to check for it manually, I mean I know how and everything it's just my stupid check for system updates thing is messed up and always says "check for updates is unavailable try again later. It is really frustrating because I want the update.

kennyc

Reaction score
Here come two dot two
here come two dot two
whoop-de-do
here come two dot two!

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I would love to check for it manually, I mean I know how and everything it's just my stupid check for system updates thing is messed up and always says "check for updates is unavailable try again later. It is really frustrating because I want the update.

settings>data manager>data delivery>social applications>make 'sync over wifi only' is unchecked...then go back and see what it says when you check for update...

dodroidme

Reaction score
gob_stopper

mine droid x went directly to gob stopper 2.3
15647d1285123309-so-i-think-i-just-got-froyo-my-droid.png

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Thank you so much, this may have worked...the message did not pop
up but now it is just continually searching. I hope it
worked, I think it did. Thanks again everyone for all the he'll
it is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score

Try it Wednesday after noon and it shouldn't say that. Have you tried pulling it in when there is a known update?