Droid x and xbox 360 issues

bmali22

Reaction score
Can anyone help me... Does anyone know why my xbox doesn't see my droid x as a portable device. I'm trying to connect via usb to play music from my sd card. Please share your input

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aDroidman

Reaction score
Because of the way the phone can be used. It wants to format your sd card and use it as a memory unit. I could not get my droid to work I used my ipod :( lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
My ipod don't work either.... But my turtle beach headphones use the same usb port and they work

aDroidman

Reaction score
Your turtle beach use it for power the ipods use it for power and to stream music........ how are you getting to your music?? You can't use windows media player thing. Hit the center button on your controller then go to the right 1 and music should be there you can play and find music here

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Nothing comes up for my ipod or droid x under portable device in xbox menu... My pc can't find my xbox either.. Its wired and for some reason nothing comes up

kevinkar

Reaction score
Did you turn on DLNA on the Droid? App Drawer -> DLNA -> Share Media. I'm not positive but I think that will solve this problem. I know I was able to play a movie over my Wi-Fi network through the Xbox this way. A little choppy overall but doable. I did not try this by connecting directly to the Xbox. Since it worked over Wi-Fi, I was pretty impressed with that ability!

CxUNG

Reaction score
I think iknow what you are trying to do but i am not sure let me know of if im correct or not.

Download PDAnet then follow these instructions...
[video=youtube;AsJ-BqEsLEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJ-BqEsLEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

B

bthomp21

hes not trying to tether, just trying to play music from the phone

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Correct I'm not trying to tether just use my phone like a music player.. In regards to the dlna I don't have a wireless adapter for my xbox everything is ran ethernet

Mont

Reaction score
Did you turn on DLNA on the Droid? App Drawer -> DLNA -> Share Media. I'm not positive but I think that will solve this problem. I know I was able to play a movie over my Wi-Fi network through the Xbox this way. A little choppy overall but doable. I did not try this by connecting directly to the Xbox. Since it worked over Wi-Fi, I was pretty impressed with that ability!

Why I can't do this on PS3?

I can play music already and view current picks thats on my phone but when I go to videos it says its unsupported.

AndrewVolpe

Reaction score
it is because the xbox360 doesnt recognize anything more sophisticated than the first generation ipod nano unless you have a zune because microsoft is greedy and wants you to buy the zune.

droidXTZ

Reaction score
Yes DLNA will work with Xbox 360. I have the 250 GB Slim and it connected using DLNA and it plays music while on a game for example black ops.

Sent from my Droid X

droidXTZ

Reaction score
For Ps3 u should put it in DLNA mode and go to media server under the Video XMB icon. I also have a Ps3 but haven't tried this so I would like to know if it works

Sent from my Droid X