Droid X and usb car stereo

dinosaur1

Reaction score
I am switching from the iPhone 4 to the Droid X.....I currently have a usb car stereo, how can this work with the Droid X?

Kandiru

Reaction score
I don't see why not, Droid should recognize the car radio as an external sound card? Just an opinion, Droid newb here.

OP
D

dinosaur1

Reaction score
I use mine in my car. The sound blows my iPhone or iPod away.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What type of cable do you to connect to your USB cat stereo from your Droid?

Also is the tapatalk app free in droid?

baniels

Reaction score
These Droid X will not recognize the head unit as an external sound card. It just won't.

You have two options:

Aux in from the headphone hack. Or mounting the Droid X as a usb mass storage device. It will behave just like a flash drive. This is the best option for sound quality.

OP
D

dinosaur1

Reaction score
These Droid X will not recognize the head unit as an external sound card. It just won't.

You have two options:

Aux in from the headphone hack. Or mounting the Droid X as a usb mass storage device. It will behave just like a flash drive. This is the best option for sound quality.

I currently have the Alpine IDA-X303 in my car attached to my iPhone 4 via USB cable I get phone calls and it charges whilenpkayong music. An aux input has and quality andnit won't charge the Droid. What cable would Ibuse to connect the Droid?

baniels

Reaction score
Use cable between the Droid and the stereo head unit.

Your stereo should be able to access and play any supported file types on the Droid's SD card.

It will not integrate your phone calls into the car stereo, however.

OP
D

dinosaur1

Reaction score
Use cable between the Droid and the stereo head unit.

Your stereo should be able to access and play any supported file types on the Droid's SD card.

It will not integrate your phone calls into the car stereo, however.

Will it work if I play a radio app instead of music stored on the sd card?

baniels

Reaction score
Only if you are using the headphone jack out to the aux-in on the stereo.

OP
D

dinosaur1

Reaction score
Here is the main issue now....I have until 7/24 to return my iPhone 4. How hard will it be to actually get a Droid X. on 7/15? My understanding is that some people who ordered their htc Incredible's are still waiting.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I put my name on the list for the droid x here at my store but that doesnt mean anything. Each store will only get a certain amount of the initial shipment. So i would suggest you go to either best buy or your verizon store and pre-order.

OP
D

dinosaur1

Reaction score
I put my name on the list for the droid x here at my store but that doesnt mean anything. Each store will only get a certain amount of the initial shipment. So i would suggest you go to either best buy or your verizon store and pre-order.
Can you pre-order online, over the phone or just in-store? I understood Verizon isn't pre-ordering?

borgey401

Reaction score
Here is the main issue now....I have until 7/24 to return my iPhone 4. How hard will it be to actually get a Droid X. on 7/15? My understanding is that some people who ordered their htc Incredible's are still waiting.

you can pre-order them at best buy. but personally i would rather have no phone and have to wait for an android phone then have a i phone that you can't hold without a case :greendroid:

Growler48

Reaction score
I currently have the Alpine IDA-X303 in my car attached to my iPhone 4 via USB cable I get phone calls and it charges whilenpkayong music. An aux input has and quality andnit won't charge the Droid. What cable would Ibuse to connect the Droid?

I've got the X305. If you figure this out, let me know.

Wasson101

Reaction score

According to the CSR from Verizon I talked to this morning, they beefed up production on the X's to prevent the issues they had with the Incredibles... She said mine should arrive by the 16th.... (Take this with a grain of salt, as we are all aware of the reliability of CSR's, but this lady was super SUPER awesome, so I trust her ;-) )

As far as the car audio discussion goes, I would highly recommend using bluetooth audio or at least AUX versus USB. The only advantage to USB is that it charges your phone. There are several reasons I prefer bluetooth vs. AUX, for starters, there are no wires, and with my current setup I can control my phone from my stereo... play and pause, skip tracks, place/answer phone calls. Both Bluetooth and AUX will allow anything that would come out of your phones speaker to be passed through to your car stereo... be it music, streaming music, navigation instructions, even the audio from voice calls if you so desire. With bluetooth (if you're receiver supports the AVRCP bluetooth profile) you can get playback controls (play pause fwd back) on your headunit, and potentially on your steering wheel.

You basically have two options for bluetooth, for a purely wireless setup you could buy a bluetooth headunit, which aren't cheap, I went with the Sony MEX-BT5700, and I absolutely love it, I think I paid like 200 or 250

You're other bluetooth option is a product like the Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth car kit. These things used to be like 25 bucks, but it looks like they are running around 75 now.... The Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway should also work, and those run about 50 bucks. You can look for other products that fit your specific needs, just make sure they are at least A2DP capable for minimum functionality.