droid x and overclocking

puck3511

Reaction score
So i have Jrummies overclock app for DX and i can not seem to get wireless tether working. Do you guys have any suggestions of how to fix it? I have tried several kernels and voltages but cant seem to find one that works with the tether(wireless tether )

Jolly

Reaction score
So i have Jrummies overclock app for DX and i can not seem to get wireless tether working. Do you guys have any suggestions of how to fix it? I have tried several kernels and voltages but cant seem to find one that works with the tether(wireless tether )

Use the 3g Hot Spot app that came on the Phone and the Team Black Hat NVRAM Hack. That should fix your issue. Plus Wireless Tether is AdHoc and the 3g Hot Spot app is Infrastructure.

Sent from my Droid X

puck3511

Reaction score
Ok COOL!! and is this in the TBH app or do i need to get it somewhere else? ive been thinking about buying tbh app anyways?

Jolly

Reaction score
Yes it's in the Team Black Hat App.

Sent from my Droid X

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
will someone explain the difference between "set frequencies at boot" in the main menu vs. "apply on boot" (which i have pictured below)....all i want is for it to be set at 1ghz LV...i went to set frequencies at boot...got the boot menu warning...clicked yes...chose low voltage...then picked the 1ghz. everything is fine there...but then under CPU frequency scaling there is an "apply at boot" option to check. and this is confusing me lol do i check even though i already set frequencies previously? because i did check "apply at boot" and checked the scaling like an hour later...and my max was 1ghz and my min was 1ghz. i didnt set it that way...it was originally 1hz max and 300mhz min. after applying at boot it was 1ghz/1ghz. i dont want the min to be 1ghz! but i want it to be LV at boot up and all the time...

hope i have as much detail as possible lol any insight??

maderschramm

Reaction score
will someone explain the difference between "set frequencies at boot" in the main menu vs. "apply on boot" (which i have pictured below)....all i want is for it to be set at 1ghz LV...i went to set frequencies at boot...got the boot menu warning...clicked yes...chose low voltage...then picked the 1ghz. everything is fine there...but then under CPU frequency scaling there is an "apply at boot" option to check. and this is confusing me lol do i check even though i already set frequencies previously? because i did check "apply at boot" and checked the scaling like an hour later...and my max was 1ghz and my min was 1ghz. i didnt set it that way...it was originally 1hz max and 300mhz min. after applying at boot it was 1ghz/1ghz. i dont want the min to be 1ghz! but i want it to be LV at boot up and all the time...

Sounds like the 1ghz min and max is because you have the governor set on performance, making you have full power all the time.

As for both apply on boot settings, they should do the same thing. Btw, 1ghz is the stock max voltage freq so you're not doing any overclocking...yet.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Sounds like the 1ghz min and max is because you have the governor set on performance, making you have full power all the time.

As for both apply on boot settings, they should do the same thing. Btw, 1ghz is the stock max voltage freq so you're not doing any overclocking...yet.

lol oh i know...but 1ghz is plenty fast. i just wanted it to be set to a lower voltage. and the governor is set to on demand...weird huh? but if u say both apply on boot settings are the same...then i wont check the apply on boot box....ill just trust that the other set frequencies at boot option does the trick. thanks for the reply man

maderschramm

Reaction score
Well, if you're applying custom frequencies at boot and then setting frequencies at boot elsewhere they're probably conflicting with each other. Stick with the advanced/custom aplly on boot checkbox

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Is there any sort of temperature range we should strive to stay in? I'm using Fab's overclock scripts with his newest Apex build.. I've been running the Stability Test v1.2 app from the market for about 5 minutes and have yet to have any reboots, battery temp is a 33.0

I'm not really interested in applying the overclock at boot, I don't find it much of a chore to set it myself, but I just want to make sure that I'm not doing any harmful damage to my phone

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
30 degrees f to 120 degees f hottest

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
my sliders stopped moving in the jrummys overclock app
this happening to anyone else?
they worked at first but no more

unboostedzc

Reaction score
my sliders stopped moving in the jrummys overclock app
this happening to anyone else?
they worked at first but no more

same problem. no mabber what profioe, LV/stock/etc the sliders always have 1000mhz as the top and the actual (which is variable) bottom. neither sliders area vailable to be changed though.