Droid X and Froyo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scf

Reaction score
Do we know what the "updates" are? Some are relatively obvious, some not so much. Can someone point me in the right direction to show a listing, as such, of what they updated?

TIA!

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I'm on 2.2 already. Didn't think to search for vids, just hit google looking for info. Found a couple of vids. Thanks for the idea.

Caden

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the update that everyone seems to have but me (!) and the ota one?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what "updates" are you talking about? the ones on your sd card?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
froyo (2.2) isnt due out for another couple weeks. nothing right now (unless youre getting the .604 update which is still 2.1)

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
The difference is that we manaually updated to the "leaked" 2.2 (I'm still convinced that we're being used as beta testers, and I'm ok with that.) The OTA version isn't due for a couple of weeks.

Caden

Reaction score
The difference is that we manaually updated to the "leaked" 2.2 (I'm still convinced that we're being used as beta testers, and I'm ok with that.) The OTA version isn't due for a couple of weeks.
i figured it was something like that. I had a winmo 6.5 before upgrading to dx and we used to run those cooked roms too. But i got to say that this is the first time i haven't felt the need to break into it.

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
The dark side is strong, resist not you will.

muw-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah

Caden

Reaction score
The dark side is strong, resist not you will.

muw-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah
haha too funny cuz i was just messing around w/da X all morning!! if i didnt know any better i'd swear u have a hidden cam here in my room..! dancedroid

John10Yes

Reaction score
Froyo update

I just got my Droid X yesterday. How do we get updates like Froyo? Are we notified by Verizon somehow?

Thanks

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
The OTA froyo update will show up as a notification on your device (triangle, exclamation point). Scheduled for early September, but don't hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.