Droid X and Ford Motor Company's SYNC system

umpire.20

Reaction score
I've purchased a Ford F-150 which has the SYNC system in the vehicle. Following Ford's instructions to "Pair, Connect etc." do not seem to work with my Droid X phone.

It seems that SYNC recognizes my Droid X but will not connect to it. That being the case, the SYNC system is of little value to me. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what (was / is) the resolution to it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JimChagares

Reaction score
I have a 2010 F-150 and the Sync was working great with the Droid X. All of the sudden it stopped working. Can't remember how I figured this out but; go to the Ford website. Log in to your account for your truck. Under "Vehicle Basics/SYNC and SYNC with MyFord Touch you will see "Check SYNC software updates". Toward the bottom of the page you will find "Udate and Customize"/Get Updates. Follow the instruction.

Hope this helps,
Jim

OP
umpire.20

umpire.20

Reaction score
After posting my question above I located a SYNC technician and had a "CHAT" with him. He was able to give me alternate instructions which seem to apply to Android type telephones. I followed the instructions below and was able to Pair and Connect my Droid X with my new SYNC radio system. A W E S O M E ! ! ! !
icon_%20banana.gif
dancedroid

On your SYNC radio in your vehicle you do the following:

1. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Press the phone button to access the phone menu[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Scroll to Add Device and press OK[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]It will say "FIND SYNC" and begin giving instructions. Instead of following the instructions, scroll up or to the left one space[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]It should then say FIND DEVICES[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Press OK with the phone in discoverable mode, and SYNC will find the phone[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Select <your phone> from the list of nearby devices and press OK[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]It will ask for a PIN[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Say the PIN as if you were giving a command. It (SYNC) will repeat it back to you. I used 0000 (--- those are zeros)[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Press OK[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Your phone will ask for a PIN number. Enter the same one as above[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]After pressing OK or Enter on the phone, they will attempt to make the connection[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif][/FONT]