Droid X and Droid 2 Man Handling The iPhone 4 With Froyo Update

J

Johnly

Your wrong on so many levels. The retina display is superior. iPhone wins. Apps. iPhone wins. Smooth as butter OS, iPhone wins. Droid wins the rest, and in my book....it comes down to personal pref...
Signed.....unloyal to all.....corporations. SK8 or Die.

I agree that it comes down to preference. That's why I prefer the brillance of thr droid 2 over any phone that comes from AT&T. I know because I'd been there for over six years. And as far as apps, iphone has leved off where with the droids the sky is the limit. So, how many phone calls did your precious iphone drop today? Good luck with that.

I don't think you've ever used an iPhone, you just come off as a blind fanboy. I've used the droid extensively and the iPhone for like a week. Both have their pros and cons, but I'll stick with the iPhone since att has comparable coverage and I happen to like the iPhone better as a phone.
Failbow bro...apple is sucking at&t dry...and they drop calls. It is a FCC complaint of epic levels. T mo is going to smoke at&t soon....most networks avoid apples greed, but there is always homer:icon_ banana:

Cunha

Reaction score
It isn't a clearcut case of win or lose to me at all. So far for whatever reason, none of the non apple MFG's have ventured to make a phone that flat out compares with the Iphone 4. I think the Iphone4 form factor is PERFECT, the screen is massively superior to every other screen. ATT is terrible, and I don't like apple style lockdown. If it was available on verizon I would very very strongly consider it. The unit itself is just so beautiful. Fix that ridiculous reception issue..and it is nice gear.

However I would not even once connect that thing to my computer using I tunes. It would have to be hacked. I'm tired of having to void warranties in order to actually use my phone properly.

That said, the freedom of android and the way way better verizon network in my area really leaves me with no choice at all. I like android phones better, but so far, the Iphone4 wins for the physical device in my book. I want to see a motorola device compete really head to head with the Iphone4 and beat it on every spec. Processor, battery life, match its screen, same physical size and lighter weight. Do it. Or come close.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I like the ability to remove my battery thanks, I'll stick with android on this one but do agree the new I phone has a very nice screen and doesn't look like a child's toy anymore. Its funny though, my parents just bought my 6 year old brother and I pod touch to play games on lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cunha

Reaction score
Too bad about the Ipod touch that is an outgoing model waiting for its revision.

The non removable battery on the Iphone is a huge negative in that design, I forgot to mention that. Still, its slick and I'd like to see it actually beat. The X doesnt compete head on being twice the size, the D2 doesn't compete head on because it has a keyboard. The incredible is the closest thing but that is aging pretty quickly with its poor battery performance and all that.

smrivera80

Reaction score
Coming from the Droid, which I loved, the Droid X is my perfect phone. And I'm seeing great performance improvements since Froyo. No question, I'd never switch away from Android now.

Darkseider

Reaction score
For everyone saying the Retina display is superior you have screws loose. Technically superior maybe but that's all. From a real use standpoint a good LCD, like the Droid which has one of the best, cranked to max brightness and a Retina Display at a normal arms length using the phone and you can't tell the difference. As for the apps I have plenty of quality apps on my Droid and more and more everyday. Smooth as butter OS? Hell if I stripped my running ROM down ONE home screen and used my app drawer and NO widgets I could make any Android, even my wifes Backflip, run smooth as butter. The iPhone, iOS4 and all that comes with it is a dumbed down, stripped down experience for people who want to drool over fart apps and feel like they are part of the in crowed. Either that or you are an overly image conscious metro-sexual. I any case Apple and all of its' products are simply overpriced commodity crap that has the masses blinded due to excellent marketing. No more, no less. Other and much better products exist and a far lesser cost. Android and the handsets it runs on being one of them.