Droid X and Droid 2 Man Handling The iPhone 4 With Froyo Update

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
dx.jpg
This comes from Khabrein.info, who says everyone (not only their readers) are classifying the Droid X and Droid 2 over the iPhone 4. Now if we would have said something like that, you guys would agree but others might call us biased. The good thing about this all is... It does not matter, just good to know. I mean we do not get anything out of knowing we are better than someone else, except if your in an argument with that annoying friend that likes to think his phone is better, then now you can put him in his place.

I have the Droid X (and are still working on my 1 month later thoughts and review) and I would have to say I am not the biggest fan. I mean I had an HD2 just last week, and the Droid X was much bigger than it, and the build quality was not my favorite relative to the HD2, but talking software... Its unmatched. I mean what can beat Android right now? Blackberry (no, why the torch has a new software that still is not selling much), Windows Mobile (haha, funny), iPhone (well this article says otherwise). The only thing that might be a treat would be Windows Phone 7, but we have a month to found out it there is anything behind this Microsoft made software.

Reply and tell us you agree, or disagree (if that is how you truly feel).

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am all in with my DX. I have one of each the DX and D2 and love them both. Aslso my Di on Froyo is beter yhan the iphone4...easily better in my opinion

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Minus the locked bootloader, I am loving the droid 2. It has the same software that the dx with the feel of my d1.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I went from Palm Treo to Iphone 3g (returned that for a phone with a keyboard) to HTC Tilt, to Iphone 3gs, to Droid, and now a droid 2. My next phone either need to be a super phone and/or must have an unlocked bootloader.

Azurikai

Reaction score
I used to own an iPhone 3GS, played with an iPhone 4 and my original Droid is still above any iPhone. I NEVER get bored of my phone, and the iPhone turned into just another phone. Sure you can have a poopload of applications, but what fun are applications when you can't even do diddly squat messing around with the phone. I mean jailbreaking was cool and everything, but nothing compared to rooting.

akj27

Reaction score
I had a Motorola Droid and just switched an iPhone 4 and so far I like ios4.1 much better than android so far. Only thing I miss are widgets, and holding the screen to pull up the menu.

J

Johnly

par for the course

Those two phones are heavy weights. Does one beat the other? Hardly. You see, it comes down to user pref. The form factor might mean something to someone, and be completely different to some one else. For the record, I think apple should die. That is just my opinion. I won't dare say I think there is a device better than both of those here....this is a moto verizon forum.....understood:icon_ banana:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
My Droid just died last weekend. I was putting off getting a DX but thanks to my Best Buy replacement plan it looks like I'm joining the club. I'm a little bit anxious, I admit. I want to see what the other side of the fence is like!

everstar80

Reaction score
Yep, I agree that the iphone is nothing more than a pimped out nokia from three years ago. (Yeah I know a bit harsh, but still true). I have seen and heard from so many people that have the phone that doesn't even have mediocre reception and drops calls to the point that they can't even finish a conversation. The droid 2 processing speed, apps, and ability to multitask is enough reason to declare both of these droids victorious. Droid 2 makes the iphone look like those little cheap inexpensive electronic games with the double A batteries you buy at walmart for kids to play with so they'll have something to do on a long car drive while on vacation.

J

Johnly

Yep, I agree that the iphone is nothing more than a pimped out nokia from three years ago. (Yeah I know a bit harsh, but still true). I have seen and heard from so many people that have the phone that doesn't even have mediocre reception and drops calls to the point that they can't even finish a conversation. The droid 2 processing speed, apps, and ability to multitask is enough reason to declare both of these droids victorious. Droid 2 makes the iphone look like those little cheap inexpensive electronic games with the double A batteries you buy at walmart for kids to play with so they'll have something to do on a long car drive while on vacation.
Your wrong on so many levels. The retina display is superior. iPhone wins. Apps. iPhone wins. Smooth as butter OS, iPhone wins. Droid wins the rest, and in my book....it comes down to personal pref...
Signed.....unloyal to all.....corporations. SK8 or Die.

everstar80

Reaction score
Your wrong on so many levels. The retina display is superior. iPhone wins. Apps. iPhone wins. Smooth as butter OS, iPhone wins. Droid wins the rest, and in my book....it comes down to personal pref...

I agree that it comes down to preference. That's why I prefer the brillance of thr droid 2 over any phone that comes from AT&T. I know because I'd been there for over six years. And as far as apps, iphone has leved off where with the droids the sky is the limit. So, how many phone calls did your precious iphone drop today? Good luck with that.

akj27

Reaction score

I agree that it comes down to preference. That's why I prefer the brillance of thr droid 2 over any phone that comes from AT&T. I know because I'd been there for over six years. And as far as apps, iphone has leved off where with the droids the sky is the limit. So, how many phone calls did your precious iphone drop today? Good luck with that.

I don't think you've ever used an iPhone, you just come off as a blind fanboy. I've used the droid extensively and the iPhone for like a week. Both have their pros and cons, but I'll stick with the iPhone since att has comparable coverage and I happen to like the iPhone better as a phone.

everstar80

Reaction score
Actually I have akj27 so don't assume you know what I've done and what devices I have used. Did you not read the post saying that I dealt with at&t for over six years, and trust that is only because the small college town where I went to undergraduate and graduate school only had that company in that area. Also do not think that I have not used an iphone before, well I have and it bored the hell out of me. So next time you wanna lay down a few, quirky, and not so witty quips about someone, maybe you should post a comment thats more relevant to the topic and not about you're ode to a a device that most people wont remember in three... two...

J

Johnly

A class response......dancing banana.....and horns!