Droid X alternatives for the needy

steven.rn

Reaction score
Get an android tablet... slave it to the wifi-tether on the droid.

You could have a 7 inch screen- that's what I'm doing- Little Droid for the portable occasions, tablet when I'm carrying the briefcase.

I'd like a Droid X, but 550 bux and a Droid I got in april on the shelf... penalty declined.

I'd just sweat it out but I'm getting near 60 and my eyes aren't what they used to be :icon_eek:

PS: ok, I'm 55 in that photo, 57 next September- but the eye thing wasn't a stretch at all!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

phatkat66

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick insight into your life? lol

And the Dx has been in the air for quite sometime now. Even in april, it's always good to do some research before you go out and purchase anything electronic. You would've seen the droid (although still good and awesome) is starting to become "so last year" and the options and variety that was soon coming out. You coulda just held out for another 2-3 months for the up to date phones.

And....if your eyes are so bad.... I dont understand how keeping the smaller screen benefits o_O

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick insight into your life? lol

And the Dx has been in the air for quite sometime now. Even in april, it's always good to do some research before you go out and purchase anything electronic. You would've seen the droid (although still good and awesome) is starting to become "so last year" and the options and variety that was soon coming out. You coulda just held out for another 2-3 months for the up to date phones.

And....if your eyes are so bad.... I dont understand how keeping the smaller screen benefits o_O

Hey! Doesn't it SAY "newbie" next to my name? :)

But I am humble, and welcome clues.... what I mean is that I can get a tablet (and dang, I better research this....) read my ebooks on it and use a wifi tether off the droid for tablet internet- I figger that a 7 inch tablet oughta do it for me- and just use the droid for the phone stuff and times I can't pack along the tablet.

I'm guessing I can get a 2-250 android tablet sometime this fall that will fill the bill, there's so many in the pipe...

But again, young jedi's... if you know better stuff or a better way... shout me a clue!

Steve
:stupid:

soba1

Reaction score
Hey Steve
Welcome fellow geezer..............

phatkat66

Reaction score
LOL actually it doesnt, it says junior LOL

I been interested in some tablets myself but I try to keep all my carrying items to a minimum. 4 pockets, each has something.... keys in one, wallet in one, charger in one (i carry my charger to my phone cuz im always on it lol i LOVE my droid) and my droid in another.

Good luck on the tablet search, ive been lookin for one for my lil brother for a while, and he's stuck on the ipad, and as much as i've been trying I can't find a reason for him not to pick the ipad. =(

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Skip the iPad, get a real tablet; it's not out yet, but it's coming soon. It's called Adam. Likely November, and it absolutely SPANKS the iPad and it runs Android.

Specs and quick review: notion ink adam price, specs beat ipad, but not release date on [technabob]

The Adam will come in a couple of different versions, the cheap one with a regular screen but the good one will have the Pixel Qi screen, which is nothing short of amazing. Here's a comparison between the iPad and a laptop running a Pixel Qi screen in sunlight outdoors: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NotK4TVQ-6E]YouTube - Pixel Qi vs iPad[/ame]

soba1

Reaction score
Skip the iPad, get a real tablet; it's not out yet, but it's coming soon. It's called Adam. Likely November, and it absolutely SPANKS the iPad and it runs Android.

Specs and quick review: notion ink adam price, specs beat ipad, but not release date on [technabob]

The Adam will come in a couple of different versions, the cheap one with a regular screen but the good one will have the Pixel Qi screen, which is nothing short of amazing. Here's a comparison between the iPad and a laptop running a Pixel Qi screen in sunlight outdoors: YouTube - Pixel Qi vs iPad
That looks shweet also Samsung has a tablet on the way as well.

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score

The Adam will come in a couple of different versions, the cheap one with a regular screen but the good one will have the Pixel Qi screen, which is nothing short of amazing. Here's a comparison between the iPad and a laptop running a Pixel Qi screen in sunlight outdoors: YouTube - Pixel Qi vs iPad

Followed your link... that is one sweet tablet. I got a feeling that there will be a bunch of kick-ipad-butt tablets come q3 and q4.

Meantime, I got verizon to upgrade my droid to droid x. dancedroid

So, I'll probably get that and a tablet for xmas :icon_eek:

Who knows... maybe they'll come out with a braille tablet by then for my old eyes....:icon_ lala:

bneighbor

Reaction score
How did you get the X?

Steven,
How did you get Verizon to let you get the Droid X if you just got the Droid in April? I'm dying to have the X but really don't want to have to add a line. I'm not due for upgrade since I just got my droid in March. Can you tell me how you did it?

Thank you so much!!

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Steven,
How did you get Verizon to let you get the Droid X if you just got the Droid in April? I'm dying to have the X but really don't want to have to add a line. I'm not due for upgrade since I just got my droid in March. Can you tell me how you did it?

Thank you so much!!

Been paying for 4 phones for 10 years. The primary (not my droid) is up for upgrade. Couple of hundred bucks. Upgrade the primary, swap the phone to the Droid line, keep the old phone on the primary line. At least, that's how I THINK its working. Talking phones plans makes my head swim.
I don't know if I got a deal because its the first peep I ever made in a decade of paying 2 grand a year on phones, or that's the standard deal just bent around a bit.

Last edited: