droid x all contacts the same

peaced01

Reaction score
My business has a main phone number that reaches the operator (ex. 123-456-7800) and each office phone has an individual number (ex. 123-456-9123, 123-456-9124, etc). Although I have each individual line listed separately under contacts with their own number & ringtone, when a call comes thru it only uses the main operator number & ringtone (even if I take that one out of Contacts). On my Motorola Adventure it would ring thru as the individual line so I would know who was calling, not just that is was coming from someone at work (we have 15,000 employees). Is there any way to make the Droid X do this?? No, the contacts are not linked - they are all entered as separate contacts with separate ringtones but everybody comes thru as the main number. Even if i take the main number off my contacts, all others individula lines now come in as that number, not the indivdual line. Everyone else's phones list the individual line so it is not how the outgoing phone system handles it. HELP

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sound like the X is not picking up the PBX info....

just a guess on my part.

OP
P

peaced01

Reaction score
I removed the main operator number, and that & all the other individual lines from the business rang thru as that main number anyway (not connected to a contact)

OP
P

peaced01

Reaction score
how do i get it to pick up the pbx info - all the other phones do and my last phone did

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how do i get it to pick up the pbx info - all the other phones do and my last phone did

I'm not certain it will. Droid does…..most of the time…..but for some reason there are things that Droid doesn't. Like Bluetooth Voice dialing, I believe the X does it but my MotoDroid didn't until I installed 2.2.