Droid x/2 overclock app

11bravo

Reaction score
Doesanyone know if its worth it to buy it? If so, what's the best way to use it on the droid x?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got it and I like it alot. I would say its worth it. You can use it to really costomize the overclock. It requires some testing on your part though to see what is stable for your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Cool. How would I know if its stable or not? I have never tried overclocking my phone and im kinda worried I might brick it. Is the app safe to use? I am rooted btw.

Goatastic

Reaction score
You will know it is stable when it doesn't crash and reboot. As far as bricking your phone...just make sure to step it up slowly and you should be fine.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Wha would you guys recommend for a good setting on a rooted deoid x 2.2?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest stuff but you need to make a nandroid backup first. I would start with low voltage 1.25 and ramp up from there.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Crap.. what's a nandroid backup? Sorry for all the questions, im very new to this but I want to be as good as all you mod guys that can do anything with these phones. Just wana see their true potential :)

Goatastic

Reaction score
You need to get a copy of the droid x bootstrap recovery. Its like $3 on the market. I know the droid x/2 overclock app wouldn't do anything as far as over clocking without a backup first. 1.25 ulv has been good to me but every phone is different. That said 1.25 should be a good start. I had mine up to 1.45 low voltage and it was stable for a while but it started acting up under heavy usage. The ulv settings at higher speeds are more likely to have problems.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Ok cool I got the bootstrapper. What's the difference between low voltage and high voltage? Does high voltage make it run faster?

Goatastic

Reaction score
High voltage will generally cause the phone to be more stable at higher speeds and yes a little faster..at the cost of battery life and increased heat production. I recommend low voltage or ulv settings to keep the phone cooler.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Cool.. thanks for the tips! One last question... how exeactly am I suppose to use the scaling govrnor?

Goatastic

Reaction score
Not sure on those. The only one I have used is on demand. Which senses when the phone needs the extra speed. I assume performance makes it run at max all the time. Not sure about userspace though.

Goatastic

Reaction score
No prob. Still learning myself. Mostly from what I have found you have to play around with it. See what works for you.