Droid x 2.3

turdbogls

Reaction score
Its a pain, I know, but sbf solves oh so many inconveniences

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

so true, but if he did acutally make a backup, he wouldn't need to do that.

brmk226
***DO THIS****
go to this page and follow one of the 4 ways to get into clockwork mod recovery, make sure you are in clockwork (it is a black screen with green text) and not the stock recover (i think it is blue text...either way, if it isn't green text you are in the wrong recovery)
Boot Into Recovery From Power Off State

once there, use the up/down volume buttons to move navigate up and down, and use the camera button to make a selection.
go to backup and restore>
choose restore>
click on the file you created (will have a date and time as the name)>
choose yes>
let the phone work its magic. it will take about 10 minutes depending on how many apps you had installed. it will say "restore complete" when it is finished.
navigate to Reboot phone, if you dont see the option on the screen, you may need to tap the power button, this goes up a folder in clockwork mod.
select reboot phone and you will be good to go. problem solved.

if you do not have a file to select after choosing restore, then you never really made a backup (this could have happened, i remember when i fist started modding, i used Rom manager to make a backup, and it didn't work for me. if this is the case you will need to SBF (SBF is what it is called here, so just search here or on google for droid X SBF and go from there)

if you fail to follow these steps, dont complain about not knowing what you are doing. these steps, if followed correctly will get you your phone back to a working state.

Last edited:

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I hear of more and more problems with ROM manager. I have a video up on how to install ROM's with Bootstrapper and people still insist on using ROM manager... I don't get it.. I have yet to brick/mess up/screw up/etc my phone simply using bootstrapper.. I am sure it is a good APP but I will stick to the basics...dancedroid

turdbogls

Reaction score
Thank you soo much worked perfectly!
No problem....i am glad out worked out for ya.

I also dont use rom manager. Using bootstrap and doing everything manually always seems to work great for me

Swyped from my DX

jjlemos

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this guy is not serious. You're telling me that he figured out how to go to Cyanogen's website and download a random 2.3 nightly (since this wouldn't show up in a Droid X ROM Manager), boot into recovery, back up his current ROM, and the flash it? But then he can't figure out how to restore a backup? This has to be a joke. This is why I suggest to some people that they purchase an iPhone :)

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hear of more and more problems with ROM manager. I have a video up on how to install ROM's with Bootstrapper and people still insist on using ROM manager... I don't get it.. I have yet to brick/mess up/screw up/etc my phone simply using bootstrapper.. I am sure it is a good APP but I will stick to the basics...dancedroid

I've used ROM manager quite a bit now and haven't had a problem with it yet. It switches between the ROMs without error and backs up the ROMs without error. I'm glad you said something though, now I can use some caution knowing that people have been having problems with it. Good to know there's always an alternative. :icon_cool: